What Happened to Your Clients? Conversations on Mindfulness, Attunement, and Resonance in the Treatment of Complex PTSD On-Demand
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW
Irene received her Master’s in Social Work in 1977 from Columbia University, and completed her doctorate in Transpersonal Psychology in 2011 from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (now Sofia University). She has been co-director of Center Point, an integrated health and counseling center, since 2002.
She is the author of numerous books such as Eyes of the Jaguar which describes her first journey to South America working with Peruvian healers, and the creator of the Labyrinth Series – a set of 16 guided meditations for personal growth and healing. Her most recent book is The Sacred Path of the Therapist: Modern Healing, Ancient Wisdom, and Client Transformation. This is a must-read for all clinicians.
Irere is a certified Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist and an EMDR Consultant. She has fused this treatment with her transpersonal spiritual practice to create a unique healing approach to PTSD. She has been in the private practice sector for over 40 years and is trained in traditional psychodynamic theory and EMDR along with esoteric healing arts. She’s consistent in guiding clients beyond just symptom reduction and focuses on healing on an emotional, physical, and spiritual level as clients reach their fullest potential.
- Identify two internal skills of intuitive ways of knowing what can be utilized within the therapy session to enhance client processing throughout all phases of psychotherapy.
- Identify the applications of mindfulness, attunement, and resonance integrated for resource building, resilience, and ego integration, within Phase 2 of the EMDR protocol for treatment of Complex PTSD.
- Describe two clinical applications based in the transpersonal psychology framework of mindfulness, attunement, and resonance as it applies to dissociation.
- List three beneficial outcomes of the integration of mindfulness, attunement, and resonance in the treatment of Complex
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval Period: 1/5/2026 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2025
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-174-0225 Expires 2-2025
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2620
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Approval from a state licensing board for counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists is accepted by the OH CSWMFTB.
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- New York Mental Health Practitioners Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Departments State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0260.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024.
- New York Psychology Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Departments State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0211
This course is Non Interactive .