Medical Errors – Prevention of
The Medical Errors course has been by the following boards:
· Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling.
· Florida Board of Psychology
· Florida Board of Nursing
· Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
· Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
· Florida Electrolysis Council
The Medical Errors (prevention) course has been updated for 2020 and includes information from studies published in 2020. The course covers all the Florida board-required content. It reviews the major causes of medical errors conducted by health professionals with a focus on the medical errors that are possible for social workers, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists and other therapists. The effects of medical errors on patient safety and care from a mental health perspective are described as well as methods to keep both clients and providers safe. The process of root cause analysis and its role in the prevention of medical errors is reviewed with a clinical example provided. In addition elements and procedures for error reduction and prevention and patient safety are also discussed.
This course provides the licensed practitioner with an overview of medical errors, their causes, effects, and approaches to prevent medical errors from the perspective of mental health professionals, social workers, psychologists, dieticians and other licensed professionals.
Attention Florida Psychologists:
Ce-classes.com has been approved by The Florida Board of Psychology to provide this Medical Errors course. Our status for the medical errors course is “Approved”. We have been approved since September 2006.
This course meets the mandatory 2-hour continuing education requirement for the prevention of medical errors for many licensed professionals in the state of Florida. It is also required as a pre-requisite for licensure for many licensed professionals in the state of Florida.
Authors: Toni DiDona, Ph.D., L.C.S.W., Ron Black, L.C.S.W.
This course will provide mental health practitioners, psychologists, dieticians, and other licensed professionals with the ability to:
Identify major causes of medical errors conducted by health professionals
Describe the effects of medical errors on patient safety and care from a mental health perspective
Describe methods to keep both clients and providers safe
Describe the process of root cause analysis and its role in the prevention of medical errors
Continuing Education Credits: 2
Citation: DiDona, T.M. (2021) Prevention of Medical Errors Updated for 2021. CE-Classes.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 97
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .