End of Life: Helping With Comfort and Care
This course is based on an article published by the National Institute of Aging: a division of the National Institute of Health. The publication, End of Life: Helping With Comfort and Care hopes to make the unfamiliar territory of death slightly more comfortable for everyone involved. This
publication is based on research, and this research base is augmented with suggestions from practitioners with expertise in helping individuals and families through this difficult time .
This is a well written and thoughtful article. The authors write about the end of life in a warm and dignified manner that aids the reader in understanding the material. This course is an excellent reference for the mental health professional that works with the elderly, chronically ill or is aging themselves (and who isn’t)?
Psychologists, social workers, mental health and professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, nurses and addiction professionals can benefit from this course on end of life. This course may also be helpful for dieticians and nutritionists. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their clinical skills.
Author: National Institute on Aging, The publication can also be found on the National Institute of Aging website.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the process of aging. Specifically, a professional will:
• Identify the processes of providing comfort and care at the end of life.
• Recognize formal health care decisions
• Identify post death processes.
Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 301
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .