Making Relationships Work
This one hour ceu is based upon a live lecture by Benjamin Karney, a professor at UCLA that covers martial relationships. He reviews the types of problems that are most common in relationships and why marital problems are so difficult to resolve. He goes on to review many models of couples therapy, the foundation of these models and then provides some examples of how these models conceptualize change in a relationship. The lecture goes on to discuss the effectiveness of couples counseling and provides a perspective on the differences between primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
This course is designed for substance abuse counselors, nurses, midwives and other professionals who are not in a mental health field. It is not appropriate for licensed psychologists or counselors because it provides a review of what couples counseling is in simple terms and is designed for non-therapist.
Please note – the video that contains the content material for this course can be found at academicearth.org a website devoted to offering free access to online courses from the worlds top scholars. Course materials are provided by a link at no charge – this is free information that is available on the web. Payment is needed only for the continuing education credits – not for course material access.
To access the course content please click on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IuolqTaIvs
Learning Objectives: This course will provide an overview of the most common problems couples face and how different therapies conceptualize maritial problems. Specifically the participant will:
- Identify the most common problems reported by couples presenting for therapy
- Identify several models of couples counseling and their theoretical foundations
- Identify the differences between multiple levels of intervention in relationships
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 298
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .