CEU Course Details
EMDR HAP – Part 2 – 20 Hours
EMDR Part II – 20 Hours
This course is being presented in collaboration with EMDR HAP and is only available to those professionals who have taken a live course presented by EMDR HAP. To obtain your certificate:
- Click on the Pay for Continuing Education Certificate link
- Make payment with a credit card
- Enter your keycode,
- Complete the evaluation
- Print your certificate.
This Part II Training is a 20-hour course of study, over 3 days, employing the Part II Training Manual authored by Francine Shapiro and published by the EMDR Institute.
The workshop begins with an overview of the training, a review of the EMDR approach, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and practice skills associated with the eight phases of EMDR treatment. These include Client History, Client Preparation, Assessment (structured accessing and measures of target memory), Desensitization (reprocessing the target memory network), Installation, Body Scan, Closure, and Reevaluation.
The entire training is devoted to lectures in the morning and practica in the afternoons. Each practicum session is conducted by a facilitator working with small groups of participants. Part II training is necessary for the full therapeutic utilization and understanding of the myriad applications of EMDR. It is recommended that a minimum of 20 – 30 sessions using EMDR be completed before registering for part 2.
Objectives of the workshop include:
- Implement the more proactive version of EMDR necessary for its full effective application
- Identify and handle resistant clients and generic problem issues
- Demonstrate how to customize the EMDR session to the needs of the client
- Identify additional strategies for dealing with abreactions and incomplete sessions
- Demonstrate how to apply EMDR to dissociative disorder, somatic disorders and process phobias
- Identify specialty applications of the EMDR methodology
Friday morning coffee and registration 8:00am-pm-8:15pm
Friday session 8:15 am 6:00pm
Saturday coffee and registration 8:00am-8:15am
Saturday session 8:15am-6:00pm
Sunday coffee and registration 8:00am-8:15am
Sunday session 8:15am-5:00pm
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) – Ce-Classes.com is co-sponsored by Griefworks. APA approval is provided by Griefworks, Inc. dba Crossroads Counseling Center, who maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org Approved Continuing Education Program (ACE). Approval Period: 1/5/14 – 1/5/17. (Provider # 1142) Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 20 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. Courses for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified in the website. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider #6320 Expires 4/30/2017.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2015
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Continuing Education Provider – PCE 4297 Expires 6/30/2016.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2016
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2015.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2015.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 297
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2015 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2015.
All courses are available for Homestudy. For information about Homestudy courses and about our
Administrative policies visit our About Us page.
Pay for Continuing Education Certificate
Click Here to Obtain Continuing Education Certificate