Ethics: Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Girls & Women by the APA
This continuing education course is based upon the Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Girls and Women, This document was approved by the APA Council of Representatives over the course of its meeting February 2018 and is set to expire in approximately 2028. It is available online at http://www.apa.org/about/policy/psychological-practice-girls-women.pdf.
According to the APA, During recent decades, girls and women of diverse ethnicities and races, abilities, social classes, sexual orientations, gender identities, and life experiences have encountered dramatic and complex changes in education, work, reproductive and caregiving roles, and personal relationships. Many of these changes have yielded increased equality, improved opportunities, and enhanced quality of life. Still, girls and women continue to face challenges and concerns that warrant the revision of the 2007 APA Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Girls and Women in a way that takes these challenges into consideration.
This CE course serves as an excellent resource for psychologists, clinical social workers and other licensed mental health professionals who work with girls and women and need continuing education in ethics. This ethics course helps to build skills in working with diversity by outlining the differences in working therapeutically with girls and women.
Psychologists, social workers, nurses, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course and earn continuing education credits in ethics. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as dieticians and nutritionists who may also need a continuing education course in ethics and who work with girls and women.
This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about ethical guidelines for working with girls and women. It is also a good resource for licensed professionals who need CEUs in ethics and want something a bit different.
Authors: American Psychological Association (APA)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about ethics and practice with girls and women. Specifically, a professional will:
· Describe the unique challenges that face women and girls in the modern age.
– Identify best practices in psychological social intervention with girls and women.
· Identify ethical guidelines for psychological practice with girls and women.
· Distinguish practices that will enhance culturally sensitive interventions with girls and women.
Citation: American Psychological Association, Girls and Women Guidelines Group. (2018). APA guidelines for psychological practice with girls and women. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/about/policy/psychological-practice-girls-women.pdf
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 286
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
This course is Non Interactive .