Clinical Supervision 8 CE
This CEU course on clinical supervision is based on a TIP produced and published by SAMSHA. SAMSHA is an excellent resource for best practices in the field and although the article is specifically about the supervision of substance abuse counselors, the practices and principles apply in almost any clinical setting.
This publication reviews the central principals of clinical supervision, models of clinical supervision and developmental stages of both counselors and supervisors. Cultural, contextual, ethical and legal factors are also reviewed. Ways to monitor performance and methods of observation are reviewed. Practical issues in clinical supervision are also reviewed in detail, including methods and techniques as well as administrative supervision. The principles of clinical supervision are then applied to multiple case vignettes. These vignettes enhance learning by demonstrating the application of the material to situations that are common to a clinical supervisor.
The course materials conclude with useful templates for informed consent, a detailed list of core competencies for supervisors and counselors that can be used to improve clinical supervision as well as sample contracts for supervision, instructions for audio and video taping and other resource materials to improve clinical supervision practice.
This is our longest version of this course and it includes the materials from the abridged versions. As a result, you cannot take this course if you have completed our Clinical Supervision by SAMHSA Abridged (3 CEUs) or our Clinical Supervision by SAMHSA Ch 1 (6 CEUs). It is designed for supervisors who want a more in depth course in clinical supervision and are interested in reading about the application of supervision principles through case vignettes.
This ce course serves as an excellent resource for social workers, psychologists and other licensed professional counselors who require continuing education in clinical supervision. This course is also helpful for other practitioners, such as nurses, midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who may also need a continuing education course in supervision.
This course is appropriate for intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about clinical supervision. It is also a good resource for licensed professionals who need continuing education in clinical supervision. CEUs in clinical supervision are required for clinical supervisors’ renewal in many states.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about clinical supervision.
· Identify models of clinical supervision.
· Identify ethical and legal issues common in clinical supervision.
· Distinguish core competencies for both clinical supervisors and counselors.
Citation: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 52. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 09-4435. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 8 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 277
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .