Clinical Supervision 6 CE Updated 2021
This 6 CE course on clinical supervision is based on a TIP produced and published by SAMSHA. SAMSHA is an excellent resource for best practices in the field and although the article is specifically about the supervision of substance abuse counselors, the practices and principles apply in almost any clinical setting.
This publication reviews the central principles of clinical supervision, models of clinical supervision, and developmental stages of both counselors and supervisors. Cultural, contextual, ethical, and legal factors are also reviewed.
How a supervisor can objectively monitor clinical performance is reviewed including a brief review of methods of observation for the supervisee. The course content includes a discussion of the most significant practical issues that clinical supervisors often face. In addition, the course contains relevant content regarding the critical administrative aspects of clinical supervision, including but not limited to how to document clinical hours and supervisory hours.
The course material concludes with useful and practical templates for informed consent, sample contracts for supervision, and other resource materials to improve clinical supervision practice.
This course is specifically designed to meet the license renewal requirements for clinical supervisors in states that require 6 hours of continuing education on supervision. Laws vary by state and disciple, please check with your board’s website to ensure that you are taking the correct course to renew your supervisor status.
This ce course serves as an excellent resource for social workers, psychologists, and other licensed mental health professionals who require continuing education in clinical supervision. It helps to build supervision skills through knowledge as a means to earn CEs.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course and earn clinical supervision continuing education credits.
This course is appropriate for advanced-level practitioners who wish to learn more about clinical supervision. It is also a good resource for licensed professionals who need continuing education. CEs in clinical supervision are required for clinical supervisors’ renewal in many states.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about clinical supervision.
- Identify models of clinical supervision.
- Identify ethical and legal issues common in clinical supervision.
- Describe developmental stages for both counselors and supervisors.
- Distinguish core competencies for both clinical supervisors and counselors.
- Describe the essential elements of sample contracts for supervision.
Citation: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 52. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 09-4435.Rockville,MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009. Lit Review updated 2014. Abridged in 2018, Additional research findings added 2021.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 273
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .