Clinical Supervision in Substance Abuse Settings 3 CE
This continuing education course on clinical supervision is based on a TIP produced and published by SAMSHA. SAMSHA is an excellent resource for best practices in the field and this course focuses upon the supervision of substance abuse counselors, and supervision of drug counseling treatment. However, the practices and principles of clinical supervision can easily be applied to other settings.
This publication briefly reviews the central principles of clinical supervision and the basic models of clinical supervision. Cultural, contextual, ethical, and legal factors are also summarized in brief. Ways for supervisors to monitor performance and methods of observation are discussed.
License and supervisory credential renewal requirements vary dramatically by state and discipline. This course is specifically designed for supervisors who require 3 CE to renewal their supervisory credentials or for supervisors who wish to have a brief review of the principles of supervision. Please check with your licensing or regulatory board for your specific renewal requirements.
This CE course serves as an excellent resource for social workers, psychologists and other licensed mental health professionals who require continuing education in clinical supervision. It helps to build supervision skills through knowledge as a means to earn CEs.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course and earn clinical supervision continuing education credits. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians, and nutritionists who may also need a continuing education course in supervision.
This course is appropriate for both intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about clinical supervision. It is also a good resource for licensed professionals who need continuing education. CEs in clinical supervision are required for clinical supervisors’ renewal in many states.
Authors: SAMSHA; Snowdon et al.; Kuhne et al.,; Novoa-Gomez et al.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about clinical supervision.
· Identify models of clinical supervision.
· Identify ethical and legal issues common in clinical supervision.
· Distinguish cultural and contextual factors of clinical supervision.
Citation: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 52. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 09-4435.Rockville,MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009. Lit Review updated 2014. Abridged in 2018, Additional research findings added 2021.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 272
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .