Clinical Supervision 3 CE
This continuing education course on clinical supervision is based on a TIP produced and published by SAMSHA. SAMSHA is an excellent resource for best practices in the field and although the article is specifically about the supervision of substance abuse counselors, the practices and principles apply in almost any clinical setting.
This publication reviews the central principals of clinical supervision, models of clinical supervision and developmental stages of both counselors and supervisors. Cultural, contextual, ethical and legal factors are also reviewed. Ways to monitor performance and methods of observation are reviewed.
This is an abridged version of our longer courses by SAMSHA on clinical supervision. It is designed for supervisors who require only 3 hours of continuing education in clinical supervision and are not interested in completing one of our longer and more in depth courses by SAMSHA.
This ce course serves as an excellent resource for social workers, psychologists and other licensed mental health professionals who require continuing education in clinical supervision. It helps to build supervision skills through knowledge as a means to earn CEUs.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course and earn clinical supervision continuing education credits. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who may also need a continuing education course in supervision.
This course is appropriate for intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about clinical supervision. It is also a good resource for licensed professionals who need continuing education. CEUs in clinical supervision are required for clinical supervisors’ renewal in many states.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about clinical supervision.
· Identify models of clinical supervision.
· Identify ethical and legal issues common in clinical supervision.
· Distinguish cultural and contextual factors of clinical supervision.
Citation: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 52. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 09-4435. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009. Abridged in 2011. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 272
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .