Business and Psychology: A Delicate Merger
The course is based on an excellent book by Monique Levermore, Ph.D.. The book provides a step-by-step guide for developing a successful private practice. The book is easy to read and details how the author built a successful private practice. According to the author “Most of the books that are available to inform about the business aspects of practice miss the mark by being either too focused on the business aspects or too focused on the caring aspects of clinical practice. The current text makes an effort to delicately combine the business information with clinical considerations in order to develop the type of practice that can be ethically sound, with business savvy providing effective intervention for clients and lucrative revenues for the practitioner. [This book will teach you] . . . how to create a business from scratch, develop it into a success and reap the rewards of smart decision making in building a revenue producing, effective helping profession practice. . . . Business is a dynamic process that is forever changing. Once you possess the basic principles necessary to manage the business aspects of practice then as things change around you, you can evolve to meet the challenge.”
This is an excellent resource for any clinician who wishes to develop a private practice. It lays the groundwork for dealing effectively with clients, peers and other professionals in the field. This is a particularly useful course for professionals who are seeking to develop and expand their private practice. Clinical training programs do not include the business training necessary to develop a thriving private practice.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who have a private practice. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to engage in private practice and increase their revenue.
Author: Levermore, Monique
Learning Objectives: This course provides the practitioner with information about developing a successful private practice. Specifically, after completing this course, the participant will:
- Distinguish the various legal structures for private practice and the benefits of each
- Identify the essential elements of a strong business plan
- Identify strategies for successfully marketing a private practice
Citation: Levermore, Monique and Levermore, Claudette. (2009). Business and Psychology: A Delicate Merger. ISBN # ISBN 978-0-9825270-7-8
About Getting Course Materials: The course material for this course is the book itself. The most convenient and easiest way to obtain this book is to purchase this book from the author’s website by clicking on the picture of the book or clicking on the Get Course Materials Link. Of course, you can borrow it from the library or from a friend, or you can purchase it at the local book store.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 4 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 238
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .