An Ethics Paradigm for the Service Organization
This course is based upon material published in the American International Journal of Social Science and is available as an open-access article.
Customers and citizen-customers regard the service delivery demeanor of service delivery employees as pervasively disinterested. Several studies have found a causal link between external customer satisfaction and the contribution made by the customer contact employee providing the service. Noting that causal link, it has been recommended that businesses develop an inspirational initiative for contemporaneous application to its internal market and external market to establish ethicality.
Yet, there exists no universally accepted ethic paradigm for the service organization. This course proposes an ethical paradigm based on the tenets of moral intensity. The discussion includes applicable definitions of ethics, specifically attendant to the symbiotic relation extent between the internal organization and its external environments.
This course on ethics is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop or increase their knowledge of organizational ethics. The course material includes a literature review of organizational ethics. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding ethics based on moral intensity. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify the various definitions of ethics
- Explain the importance of transparency, integrity, and accountability to ethics
- Summarize the moral intensity ethic paradigm
Citation: Seals, G (2013). An Ethics Paradigm for the Service Organization. American International Journal of Social Science 2(3); May
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2364
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .