Playful EMDR Therapy with Children Webinar Series PART 3 On Demand
Using a Synergetic Play Therapy lens and a framework rooted in interpersonal neurobiology, this presentation will teach you how to become the child’s external regulator as their disturbances arise in the playroom. The result is a deeper level of felt safety, allowing the child to integrate more quickly and fluidly. Realizing nervous system activation, emotional flooding, co-regulation in both directive and non-directive EMDR/play therapy sessions and how to work with the spontaneous emergence of the client’s triggered states will be explored.
Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S, is an international teacher, creator of Synergetic Play Therapy, founder and President of the Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, and host of the Lessons from the playroom podcast. She is the author of Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity and is the 2015 recipient of the Association for Play Therapy’s Professional Education and Training Award of Excellence.
Jan Schaad, LCSW, is an EMDR therapist, consultant and trainer. She teaches EMDR Basic Training for the EMDR Institute, and is an EMDRIA-approved provider of EMDR advanced trainings. Jan specializes in the integration of neuropsychological therapies with EMDR.
As EMDR clinicians, Lisa and Jan together train play therapists how to integrate EMDR and Synergetic Play Therapy theory into the play therapy proess
1:00 – 1:30pm What is Synergetic Play Therapy
1:30 – 2:00pm Use of Synergetic Play Therapy in EMDR
2:00 – 2:10pm Break
2:10 – 3:30pm Managing triggered states in children
3:30 – 4:00pm Moderated Q&A
1. Describe what it means to become the child’s external regulator in a play therapy setting to help deepen integration
2. Identify three non-directive EMDR interventions that can be used in a non-directive play therapy session
3. Describe four skills the play therapist must embody in order to co-regulate the child towards resolution
To register for this WEBINAR please visit: https://www.annbeckleyforest.com/current-trainings
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2356
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- ANN BECKLEY-FOREST ONLY – Ann Beckley-Forest is APT Approved Provider 15-406. Approved for 3 non-contact CEs in play therapy special topics.
This course is Non Interactive .