EMDR Consulting- Evicting Toxic Shame Presented by Phoebe Bergvall
December 5, 2020
This is an advanced EMDR training for helping clients with complex trauma and early attachment issues who experience toxic shame as an underlying identity, which is extremely difficult to change. The workshop includes background, conceptualization, and a step-by-step procedure that expands on the desensitization phase of EMDR. Two sessions of practicum are included to help clinicians integrate the process.
Phoebe Bergvall, LCMHC, is a Certified EMDR Therapist and an Approved EMDR Consultant and is an advanced workshop presenter specializing in toxic shame. She has been certified to work with domestic violence and criminal justice and has years of experience treating severe and persistent mental illness. Before becoming licensed as a substance abuse counselor and a mental health clinician, Phoebe was also certified in hypnotherapy and shamanic practices.
8:00–8:30 – Welcome, introduction of trainer and workshop, discussion of history, terms and comparisons
8:30–9:30 – Objective : Conceptualization and client preparation
9:30–10:15 – Representation Elicitation
10:15–10:30 – BREAK
10:30–11:00 – Video and discussion
11:00–12:00 – Practicum #1, Q&A
12:00–1:00 – Lunch (on your own)
1:00–1:30 – Present process for removing representation and processing
1:30–2:00 – Discuss potential issues with Eviction Process
2:00–2:30 – Develop skill to assist client in installation of essence of true self
2:00–2:45 – BREAK
2:45–3:15 – Video
3:15–4:15 – Practicum #2
4:15–5:30 – Review, Q&A, and Evaluations
After completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize relevant shame-based beliefs
- Identify clients who are appropriate candidates for the shame eviction protocol
- Prepare clients for de-identification with shame
- Support client during shame eviction process
- Assist client in selecting preferred identity
- Guide client in installing preferred identity
To register for this LIVE WEBINAR please visit: https://www.emdrconsulting.com/
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- EMDR Consulting NBCC Approval EMDR Consulting, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6853. EMDR Consulting, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of this program for NBCC CEs. Social workers participating in this course will receive 8 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2340
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.