Agate Institute: The EMDR Master Series with Ana Gomez PART 2 -Working with Parents within an Attachment-EMDR Systematic Approach
The child’s stability and sense of safety is highly dependent upon the parent’s capacity to provide it. The work with the parents within the eight phases of EMDR treatment is pivotal. This two-hour workshop will provide an attachment-based systemic model to work with parents and children. It is full of practical and ready to use strategies that will impact the effectiveness and outcome of your therapeutic work. You will receive unique and innovative ideas that will help you structure a successful systemic-EMDR treatment during pandemic times.
Please note that this is the second master class of a series.
Ana M Gómez, MC, LPC is a psychotherapist, author, and international speaker on the treatment of complex trauma, and dissociation and the use of EMDR therapy with children and adolescents. Ana M. Gomez has worked extensively with families and program development to heal intergenerational trauma. She has led workshops and keynote in more than forty cities in the U.S. and thirty cities throughout sixteen countries. She has presented many of her online workshops to large audiences all over the world.
Ana is the author of EMDR Therapy and Adjunct Approaches with Children: Complex Trauma, Attachment and Dissociation and several book chapters and articles on the use of EMDR therapy with children and adolescents. In addition, she is the author of multiple children’s books directed to increasing affect tolerance and emotional literacy as well as to prepare children for EMDR treatment.
Ana has developed numerous intensive training programs and protocols that include the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol and The Systemic, EMDR- Attachment Informed Program to Heal Intergenerational Trauma & Repair the Parent-Child Attachment Bond.
August 14, 2020 9:00 am – 11:00 am PDT
Clinicians will be able to:
- 45 min- Identify different levels of intervention with parents and caregivers that are interwoven within the eight phases of EMDR therapy.
- 45 min-Utilize strategies to increase parent’s mentalizing, relational, affect tolerance and self-regulation capacities.
- 30 min-Utilize attachment-based play and other creative strategies to support parents and children during pandemic times.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2338
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.