Playful EMDR Therapy with Children Webinar Series PART 2
September 14, 2020
SPLATTING OUT THE ANXIETY THROUGH PLAYFUL TRAUMA WORK, AN EMDR PHASE FOUR INTERVENTION
As anxiety has been identified by the CDC as steadily increasing, EMDR can be effective in helping reduce and even at times eliminate anxiety responses of panic and phobia in children. Taming your Monkey, Bubble Gum brain, Figure Eights and vagal nerve massage are a few of the resourcing interventions that will be presented in this workshop. Alice will also show a playful and interactive approach to reduce the anxiety by “splatting” out the anxiety and trauma memory.
Alice Stricklin, MPH, L.M.F.T
Alice Stricklin is a Licensed Marital and Family therapist who has a private practice in Lebanon TN. Alice graduated from University of Alabama Birmingham with a Masters in Public Health, with an emphasis in maternal and child health. She obtained a masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Trevecca Nazarene University. Her career began at The Refuge Center for Counseling in Franklin TN, where she was the children and teens therapist. Alice became trained in EMDR therapy early in her career, and pursued certification and later consultation status. Alice leads basic trainings in EMDR through Personal Transformation Institute where somatic therapies, attachment based therapies and EMDR therapy are all integrated to form one model.
CREATIVE BLS FOR CHILDREN: COLOUR HANDS
Colour Hands is a playful, child-centred approach to administering EMDR for children who may be sensory seeking, seem hesitant or cautious when discussing the trauma, have low tolerance for exposure to the trauma, or find bilateral eye-movements challenging. This intervention seems particularly effective with children who seek a level of control and/or independence and those who tend to be more guarded when exploring their trauma experience.
Tyne Potgieter M.S., LMHC, NCC, CCMHC
Tyne was a child and family therapist in Florida and developed several interventions while using EMDR with children. Presently she is living in South Africa and is the founder of The Living Practice which targets therapeutic self-development and skills building for individual and corporate clients. She is also facilitating meditations and workshops and offer in-school observation services for families seeking recommendations for children.
12-12:30 Principles for playful adaptation of EMDR
12:30-1:30 Colour Hands
1:30-2:30 Splatting out the Anxiety
2:30-3:00 Panel Presenters
Participants will be able to:
- Apply EMDR protocol in a play-based way to accommodate the age of the child.
- Explain and replicate a playful approach to EMDR bilateral stimulation for children who may be sensory seeking and/or have low tolerance for exposure to the trauma.
- Demonstrate playful ways of working with EMDR and anxiety in children
To register for this LIVE Webinar please visit: https://www.annbeckleyforest.com/current-trainings
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2332
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- ANN BECKLEY-FOREST ONLY – Ann Beckley-Forest is APT Approved Provider 15-406. Approved for 3 non-contact CEs in play therapy special topics.
This course is Interactive.