Stacy Stoddard – EMDR Basic Training Part 1 Webinar
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a research-based integrative psychotherapy that helps with healing trauma (past or recent), PTSD symptoms, persistent negative beliefs about oneself (such as “I’m stupid” or “I’m worthless”) and much more. Using auditory tones or visual cues, the client follows a rhythmic left-right pattern while noticing thoughts and feelings associated with memories and beliefs. The EMDR therapist uses a standardized protocol and proficient therapeutic skills to guide the client through the process. Clients overwhelmingly find EMDR therapy to be quicker and more thorough than talk therapy.
EMDR Basic Trainings consist of two 3-day weekends (with approximately 3-6 months in between) At the completion of the training, you will be fully trained to use EMDR in your practice.
Stacy Stoddard is a Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist, and has over 12 years of experience working with individuals, couples, and families. Stacy believes that everyone deserves to feel happy and free from pains and regrets from their pasts. She works to not only help clients be less judgmental of themselves, but also to bring practical solutions and tools into their lives. She recognizes that people are coming to therapy not just to gain insights, but also to make real changes in their lives. Stacy works primarily from a relational model, and she also incorporates a body-centered and experiential style that allows clients to feel better faster. Stacy is a Certified EMDR Therapist and an Approved EMDR Consultant. She specializes in trauma (childhood trauma and more current traumas), PTSD, and grief/loss. In addition to her practice at the Counseling Center, Stacy is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Maryland. She is also available for speaking engagements and creating special programs/groups for workplaces, schools, and organizations.
Days 1 -3:
8:00-12:00 – lecture
12:00-1:00 – lunch
1:00-2:00 – videos/demonstrations
2:00-5:00 – practicum
Participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- Demonstrate and name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment
- Identify essential aspects of preparing a client for EMDR Therapy
- Recognize special client needs that need additional support
- Identify the criteria for client readiness
- Explain the relational and holistic elements of EMDR Therapy
- Explain the 3-Prong Approach and know how to use it for comprehensive targeting
- Identify strategies for working with abreactions
- Identify the purpose of utilizing the SUD scale and the VOC scale
- Recognize therapy-interfering beliefs that may need to be addressed in order for treatment to proceed
- Explain and apply comprehensive EMDR treatment plans
- Practice how to stabilize a client with Safe/Calm Place
- Explain the history of EMDR development
- Identify the range of issues EMDR can treat
- Explain how to complete in-take sessions from an EMDR perspective
- Distinguish the pros and cons of different bilateral stimulation tools
- Recognize best strategies for virtual EMDR sessions
- Practice EMDR techniques with other students
- Select best practices for talking to clients about EMDR
- Identify how blocking beliefs impact EMDR processing
Upcoming 2020 Dates:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 20 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2310
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.