EMDR HAP – Webinar – Part 1 – 20 Hours
This course is being presented in collaboration with EMDR HAP and is only available to those professionals who have taken a live course presented by EMDR HAP. To obtain your certificate:
- Click on the Pay for Continuing Education Certificate link
- Make payment with a credit card
- Enter your keycode,
- Complete the evaluation
- Print your certificate.
This Part II Training is a 20-hour course of study, over 3 days, employing the Part II Training Manual authored by Francine Shapiro and published by the EMDR Institute.
The workshop begins with an overview of the training, a review of the EMDR approach, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and practice skills associated with the eight phases of EMDR treatment. These include Client History, Client Preparation, Assessment (structured accessing and measures of target memory), Desensitization (reprocessing the target memory network), Installation, Body Scan, Closure, and Reevaluation.
The entire training is devoted to lectures in the morning and practica in the afternoons. Each practicum session is conducted by a facilitator working with small groups of participants. Part II training is necessary for the full therapeutic utilization and understanding of the myriad applications of EMDR. It is recommended that a minimum of 20 – 30 sessions using EMDR be completed before registering for part 2.
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Identify the 3-prongs of the Standard Protocol – Past, Present, and Future
- Describe 3 existing research studies documenting the effectiveness of EMDR in the treatment of trauma
- List 3 types of client presentations appropriate for treatment with EMDR therapy
- Identify the parameters of application of EMDR therapy to implement EMDR therapy safely and effectively with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and describe how to implement them with clients
- Describe 3 criteria for client selection and how to apply to clients
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
- Identify when you would apply the Future Template
- Distinguish between direct questioning and Floatback Technique
- Distinguish between state change and trait change in EMDR therapy
- Identify the purpose of the Assessment Phase of EMDR therapy
- Identify the purpose of utilizing the SUD scale and what it stands for
- Identify the purpose of the VOC scale and what it stands for
- Identify the Reprocessing Phases involved in memory reprocessing
- Recognize 1 purpose for Safe/Calm Place utilization
- Identify when the Recent Events Protocol would be appropriate to use as an intervention
- Describe the difference between avoidance and hypoactivity
- Identify 3 modifications in applying EMDR therapy to working with children
Day 1: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Day 3: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Day 3: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Online Website for Registration: http://www.emdrhap.org/
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 20 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2297
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.