Compassion Works: EMDR Therapist Training Part 2
This training is designed to give you the an in depth knowledge of EMDR. Even after the first weekend, you will be encouraged to use it with appropriate clients and begin preparing the others who aren’t ready.
EMDR gets at the source of maladaptive behaviors by providing sub-cortical resolution to free up stuck or frozen intrusive thoughts, emotions, and body sensations. This training is focused on teaching you the basics of EMDR and the most effective way to incorporate it into your practice.
All trainees will be asked to participate in practicum exercises as part of the training. You will be encouraged to work on personal issues that are appropriate for the training environment.
There will be demonstrations with individual attendees throughout the 6 days, and you are encouraged to consider being a volunteer. In addition, all participants will be paired to practice the newly acquired material. This will be done in a safe, supportive environment in which confidentially will be maintained.
Jordan Shafer, MS, LPC
Jordan Shafer, MS, LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor doing EMDR based
trauma therapy for over 15 years in Plano, TX. He works with adults and older teens with histories of complex trauma and PTSD. He was in the last class of therapists trained by Francine Shapiro, in 2005. He graduated from Western Washington University in 1983 with a BS degree in Geophysics and from Texas Woman’s University in 1998 with his MS in Counseling and Development. He is a veteran of the Vietnam conflict from which he received the Bronze Star for meritorious service. He is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant in EMDR and an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Trainer.
Jose Carbajal, PhD, LCSW
Dr. Jose Carbajal is a licensed clinical social worker. He served in the U.S. Army; after his military service, Jose attended Baylor University, where he received his bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in social work, and a master’s degree in theological studies. He completed his PhD in Social Work at the University of Texas at Arlington. Jose has several published articles, a book chapter published, and he has conducted many professional presentations. Jose’s research focus is on the interventions clinicians use to treat trauma, neuroscience and social work practice, faith and trauma, and social disparity. Jose has over 10 years of clinical experience; his clinical specialties are trauma, sexual abuse recovery, domestic violence, substance abuse, and interpersonal relationship issues. Dr. Carbajal is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant, and an EMDRIA Approved Trainer in EMDR.
- Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Practice, identify and summarize the 8-Phases of EMDR therapy
- Demonstrate and practice how to apply Resource Development & Installation (RDI)
- Recognize how to handle Abreactions
- Explain, identify and apply Strategies for Blocked Processing
- Explain and evaluate how to process and resolve feeder memories
- Distinguish how to apply and demonstrate the Appropriate Application of Cognitive Interweaves
- Compare how to recognize the types of feeder cognitive interweaves and how to apply them
- Apply, demonstrate and practice how to apply the Future Template.
- Select and apply Advanced Methodology: Additional protocols and specific populations
- Explain how to identify and evaluate Professional and Legal Issues
- Demonstrate how to evaluate how RDI is used to develop positive introjects, increase affect regulation and adaptive responses
- Contrast how to practice and use the RDI procedure.
- Apply and practice how to identify and use the Recent Event Protocol
- Explain and summarize traumatic event protocols
- Analyze how to recognize how to use EMDR with Complex PTSD
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 20 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2280
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.