AMHCA Code of Ethics – 2020
Created by the American Mental Health Counselors Association, the AMHCA Code of Ethics focuses on the specific requirements for the ethical practice of Clinical Mental Health Counselors (CMHCs). Continuously updated by the association’s Ethics Committee to meet the needs of changing circumstances, the AMHCS Code of Ethics addresses the crucial concerns of CHMCs. The Code of Ethics offers guidelines for value-directed conduct. While ethical guidance for the practice of clinical mental health counseling is its primary purpose, it is also intended to prompt pondering about ethical thinking and practice. To be an ethical mental health counselor is to practice thinking ethically in an ongoing self-deliberation and in discussions with other mental health professionals.
This course is based upon material published by the American Mental Health Counselors Association and is available as an open access article.
This course on counseling ethics is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of clinical ethical concerns. The course material includes a review of ethical priorities for clinical mental health counseling. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: American Mental Health Counselors Association
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding ethical concerns for clinical counseling practitioners Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe ethical principles related to the commitment between counselors and clients
- Identify ethical principles related to the commitment between counselors and students, supervisees, and employees
- Recognize ethical principles related to the commitment between counselors and the public
Citation: AMHCA Code of Ethics (Rev. 2020): Ethical Priorities for Clinical Mental Health Counseling. American Mental Health Counselors Association, 2020.
Visit us online for a full year of unlimited online CEUs.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2262
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
This course is Non Interactive .