COVID-19 Response Training Protecting Yourself in the Workplace
This course is based upon material published by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences as part of their worker training program. The source document for this course was created by the NIEHS National Clearinghouse for Worker Safety and Health Training under a contract (HHSN273201500075U) from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Worker Training Program (WTP). It has been modified for relevance and to focus only on behavioral health care workers (excluding content that is only relevant to EMTs, emergency room doctors, nurses and technicians for example).
The source document is a short fact sheet that is direct and simple. This course is designed primarily for the agencies with which we work, as a way to educate their employees in best practices during this pandemic. The course provides very basic information about COVID-19, the symptoms associated with it and ways one can protect oneself in the workplace. The course materials also include public health information regarding levels of risk and how to assess it. Responses to COVID-19 exposure are briefly reviewed.
Authors: National Institute of Environment Health Sciences
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding protecting oneself from infectious disease in the workplace. The goal is to increase health and safety awareness for responders and workers with potential exposure to COVID-19.
Specifically, a professional will:
- Explain basic facts about COVID-19.
- Assess the risk of workplace exposure to COVID-19.
- Define key steps in worker protection and infection control.
- Identify methods to prevent and respond to COVID-19 exposure in the workplace.
Citation: National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (2020). NIEHS COVID-19 Response Training Tool Protecting Yourself form COVID-19 in the Workplace. Retrieved from: https://tools.niehs.nih.gov/wetp/public/hasl_get_blob.cfm?ID=11781
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Staff Training
- Employees Only: This course is approved for employee training. However, this course does not provide CE credit for licensed or certified professionals.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
This course is Non Interactive .