EMDR and Beyond Presents: On Demand -Using the Body in Each Phase of EMDR with Martha Norton
As EMDR therapists, we need to be able to add techniques that interrupt the implicit responses to trauma, bringing these into the explicit in order to heal. This presentation will demonstrate body focused techniques used with one client through the 8 stages of EMDR.
This is an intermediate level workshop that is open to all EMDR clinicians who have completed EMDR Basic Training.
Martha Norton LMHC, MS, IADC, CCDP-D has worked in the mental health field for 35 years as a therapist, educator, and trainer. Martha is a certified in EMDR and is an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Certified Therapist and Consultant. She is a Certified Sensorimotor Psychotherapist and Coach.
Participants will be able to:
1. Identify 3 theoretical perspectives on the importance of focusing on the
2. Recite the addition of sensory, body focused techniques to working with
traumatized clients is useful to enhancing EMDR with traumatized clients.
3. Practice specific examples, through a video case study, of implementing sensory
techniques in each stage of EMDR.
4. Demonstrate one body based resourcing technique.
5. Demonstrate one body based closing technique.
To register for this course please visit: https://emdrandbeyond.thinkific.com/courses/Using-the-Body-in-Each-of-the-8-Stages-of-EMDR
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2250
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .