EMDR and Beyond Presents: On Demand -EMDR with Couples and Families with Kenya Rocha
This EMDR Specialty course will assist you in integrating EMDR therapy with couples and families. You’ll learn to apply the AIP theory to relational and systemic issues, identify relationship, identify attachment deficits and develop collaborative positive resources.
This is an intermediate level workshop that is open to all EMDR clinicians who have completed EMDR Basic Training.
Kenya Rocha M.S., LMHC, NCC, ACS is an EMDR Certified Therapist,Approved Consultant, and EMDR Consulting Basic Trainer with expertise in couples and family therapy. Through her years of clinical experience, she has gained specific knowledge of systemic interactions and the challenging relationship issues occurring with couples and families. Kenya is completing certification in EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) to add to her expertise in couples work. She is fluent in Spanish and English and provides treatment with different culturally diverse populations. Kenya is Director of Mosaic Family Counseling Inc., a well-known family and EMDR/trauma agency in the Des Moines area. Her systemic expertise and commitment to treating trauma with EMDR has allowed healing to occur for many individuals, couples, and families.
- Welcome, Introduction, Overview
- Incorporating EMDR with Couples and Families Therapy
- Incorporating EMDR’s 8 Phases with Couples and Families Therapy
- Preparation and Relationship Based Resiliency Building
- Collaborative Resources and Healing Past Negative Experiences
- Application & Vignette
- Desensitization and Considerations
- Evaluation & Exam
- Identify relationship and attachment deficits with couples and families.
- Identify at least 2 collaborative relationship based resources.
- Recognize 2 appropriate ways to integrate EMDR therapy with couples.
- Recognize 2 appropriate ways to integrate EMDR therapy with families.
- Recognize common systemic cycles for conflictual couples for processing.
To register for this On demand course please visit:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 4.5 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2247
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .