EMDR and Beyond Presents: Online – EMDR Re-Boot with Amy Terrell
February 27, 2020
This 7-hour training is an EMDR Basic Training refresher which will strengthen your knowledge and understanding of the AIP model as well as the procedural steps of the eight phases of EMDR therapy! Having strong EMDR foundational EMDR skills not only will improve your effectiveness but will support the learning and integration of advanced EMDR Skills. This training reviews AIP theory and how to conceptualize treatment planning through the AIP lens. The training will include a review of Roy Kiessling’s Processing Continuum as well. This training is ideal for EMDR therapists who would like to attend one of the Ana Gomez intensive workshops but do not feel confident in AIP theory or the standard EMDR Therapy 8 phases and three-pronged approach.
Amy Terrell, LMHC has worked in the crisis/trauma response field for 20 years. She holds a BA in Human Service and an M.S. in Mental Health Counseling with a Specialization in Crisis Response and Trauma Treatment. Amy is a therapist, agency consultant, and community educator. She is also an EMDRIA approved Certified EMDR Therapist, Approved Consultant, and EMDR Basic Trainer for Roy Kiessling’s EMDR Consulting.
Amy has received ongoing child specialist training in order to provide EMDR therapy to children with complex trauma. She is a facilitator and trainer in training for international trainer, author, and EMDR child expert Ana Gomez through her Agate Institute. She provides individual, group, and agency EMDR consultation to a variety of mental health settings. Her mental health counseling practice focuses on the treatment of trauma, with considerable experience working with violent crime survivors. Her clinical knowledge includes the treatment of adults, adolescents and children with complex trauma, secondary trauma, dissociative disorders as well as depression, anxiety and other mental health disorders. Additional areas of specialization include therapeutic group facilitation and professional advocacy.
Amy is the co-owner and Clinical Director of EMDR & Beyond, an agency that actively enhances the growth and development of EMDR therapists in the community through training, consultation, and education.
8:00-8:30 Registration and Breakfast
8:30-10:00 Lecture/ Demo / Practice
12:00-2:00 Lecture/Demo/ Practice
2:15-4:00 Lecture/ Demo/ Practice
4:00-5:00 QA / Stuck Points
Participants will be able to:
1. Apply the AIP theory to case conceptualization with children and adolescents.
2. Demonstrate understanding of the eight phases of EMDR therapy.
3. Identify when to stay out of the way and when to provide a therapeutic interweave.
4. Implement the three pronged approach when working with children and adolescents.
5. Understand the EMDR processing continuum as developed by Roy Kiessling.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2243
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.