Ana Gomez : I see you, I feel you, I know you: A Systemic-Attachment Informed EMDR Model to work with Parents and Children and Heal Intergenerational Trauma
This presentation is designed to provide step-by-step strategies to use the eight phases of EMDR therapy effectively with parents and children to promote the healing of generational wounds, as well as the child, the parent, and the parent-child attachment bond. A model to work with parents and children that include four different levels of involvement will be presented. The use of the AAI will be discussed providing tips on how to use it clinically to identify parent’s potential tendencies towards insecure states of mind with regards to their own attachment experiences. How to work with dismissing, preoccupied and unresolved states of mind throughout the eight phases will be discussed so the capacity to “hold the child’s mind in mind” (Fonagy) can be promoted. Case conceptualization strategies and Preparation tools that include protocols to enhance the parent’s capacity for differentiation and boundary awareness as well as linkage and connection will be addressed. The use of videos, maps and relational choreographies to promote the development of mentalizing capacities, attunement and ability to synchronize and attune to the child’s internal states will be studied. A wide range of stabilization interventions and interweaves will be presented that can be effectively used during the preparation and reprocessing phases of EMDR therapy with parents and children.
Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC born in Colombia (South America) is a psychotherapist in private practice, author of several books, chapters and articles, and a lecturer internationally known for her innovative work with children and adolescents.
Ana Gomez is an EMDRIA approved consultant; an EMDRIA advanced training provider, an EMDR Institute and EMDR-IBA trainer and a trainer of trainers. Furthermore, Ana has received training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Play Therapy, Sandtray Therapy, Theraplay, Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB), and the use of the Adult Attachment Interview (AAI). She has worked with children, adolescents, adults and families affected by trauma and adversity for almost 25 years. Ana has presented in more than 35 cities in the USA. She has also presented in multiple cities in Canada (Calgary, Vancouver, Kelowna, Penticton, Toronto), Australia (Sydney, Melbourne), New Zealand, Japan, Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), UK, Argentina, Chile, Brazil (Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba) , Ecuador, Colombia, Guatemala and Costa Rica.
Ana has developed seven Advanced Workshops with over 80 hours of content, and teaching materials. These workshops have been presented in person and virtually to large audiences in over 20 countries and 100 cities on four continents, in addition to developing numerous protocols.
She is the author of ”Dark, Bad Day…Go Away”, a book for children about trauma and EMDR which has been translated into four languages. Ana also developed and created “The Thoughts Kit for Kids” which is part of a series of games and tools designed to make EMDR treatment developmentally appropriate for children. Ana Co-authored with Dr. Francine Shapiro, an article on the use of EMDR therapy with children, published in 2013 in Canada. Her latest book published in the US is titled “EMDR Therapy and Adjunct Approaches with Children: Complex Trauma, Attachment and Dissociation”, this book has already been translated and published in Portuguese and will be released this year in Spanish.
8:30 am registration/ welcome reception
9:00 am workshop begins
12:00-1:00 lunch on own
1:00 pm workshop resumes
4:00 Day 1 concludes
8:30 am welcome reception
9:00 am lecture begins
12:00-1:00 lunch on own
1:00 pm workshop resumes
4:00 Day 2 concludes
Participants will be able to:
- Identify specific theories that directly address the key elements of attachment security in infants and children and the accompanying elements of the caregiving system.
- Recognize key elements to develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans using the AIP model, attachment theory, the AAI using the AIP model and attachment theory in the work with parents.
- Apply a three level EMDR treatment model with parents of children with complex trauma or parents with collapsed caregiving systems.
- Differentiate narratives that can potentially show tendencies linked to the different categories of adult attachment: Secure, earned secure, dismissing, preoccupied and unresolved.
- Apply elements of the AAI to develop EMDR therapy treatment plans (including the targeting sequence), based on how the parent has come to organize the memories and narratives of their own attachment experiences.
- Apply three levels of intervention with parents grounded in the principles and core of EMRR therapy.
- Identify and use powerful interweaves during the reprocessing phases of EMDR therapy to help the parent meet unmet attachment needs.
To register for this LIVE Workshop please visit: https://emdroftherockies.com/
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2233
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .