Carolyn Settle Presents: EMDR Therapy With Children
Based on the book and treatment manual EMDR And The Art of Psychotherapy With Children, Infants to Adolescents, 2nd edition, this interesting and fun 7 hours webinar will focus on basic and advanced skills in using EMDR therapy with children infants to ten years old.
Combining the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) Model with child development theory, Ms. Settle explains how to change the languaging of EMDR therapy to match the child’s developmental stage. Clinicians will explore how to develop a. comprehensive treatment plan, apply Resource Development Installation (RDI) and Cognitive Interweaves (CI) with creative child friendly methods.
Clinicians will discover how to use EMDR therapy with complex cases and with a variety of special topic areas including: ADHD, giftedness, OCD, traumatic brain injury (TBI), attachment and dissociation. This webinar includes 9 videos, 7 of which are of actual EMDR sessions with children and 8 handouts so clinicians can deepen their knowledge-base of EMDR therapy and enhance their skills in working with young children.
Carolyn Settle, MSW, LCSW
Carolyn Settle is in private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. She has over 40 years of experience working with children, adolescents and adults who have experienced abuse, trauma, and/or loss. She has presented and written about children and adolescents, in her co-authored second edition book EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children: Infants to Adolescents (2017). She has presented at numerous conferences nationally and internationally, and most recently was an invited panel presenter at the 2018 -EMDRIA conference in Atlanta, Georgia. She is also the co-investigator of a fidelity study concerning EMDR with children, and co-authored two chapters and two journal articles on EMDR with children. She is an EMDRIA-Approved Consultant, an EMDR Institute facilitator, and a trainer for the Trauma Recovery-HAP Program.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain EMDR therapy with children from an AIP perspective
- Apply the AIP model using the stages of child development
- Demonstrate the Eight Phases of EMDR therapy using developmentally appropriate language and approaches for infants and children
- Practice Mapping as a way of collecting targets/developing a Treatment Plan
- Apply creative, child-friendly ways to do resource development and cognitive interweaves
- Apply case conceptualization and make decisions during the Eight Phases of EMDR therapy in the specialty areas of:
- Regulatory Issues/SPD
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2231
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .