Robert Miller – Image Transformation Therapy On Demand
Image Transformation Therapy is a gentle therapy that releases the pain, fear, guilt, and shame of trauma and anxiety without the person needing to experience the feelings. This is an important advantage over other therapies. Intensely painful or terrifying experiences can be gently and thoroughly released creating a profound change in the person’s life. People who have experienced ImTT remark upon how much their lives have changed almost without their noticing it. ImTT utilizes the Survival Model of Psychological Dynamics to develop the target for processing with the ImTT protocols. The ImTT protocols utilize a combination of breathing and visualization techniques to process or release the feelings and de-construct the image causing the difficulty. In this workshop, you will learn the Survival Model of Psychological Dynamics and the ImTT processing protocols. You will specifically learn to use this approach for PTSD, GAD, OCD, negative cognitions, depression, and specific phobias. The workshop will consists of lecture, videos of using ImTT for these different disorders, and many practicums. The goal is that you can immediately use this approach in your practice.
No prior experience with EMDR or any other approach is needed. This workshop is appropriate for anyone licensed to practice psychotherapy.
Robert Miller received his PhD from Pacifica Graduate Institute in 2005. During his doctoral studies, he developed the basic fundamentals of the Feeling-State Addiction Protocol, utilizing this approach in performing research for his doctoral dissertation. An article describing this approach was published in the journal Traumatology in 2010, originally called “The Feeling-State Theory of Impulse Control Disorders and the Impulse-Control Disorder Protocol.” Dr. Miller began developing the techniques of Image Transformation Therapy because of the need for a better approach to the avoidance dynamic that causes relapses. Eventually, an entirely new therapy developed that resolves some of the most difficult disorders, including PTSD and OCD. Dr. Miller worked at the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton as a psychologist, working with active duty Marines and Navy personnel who are suffering from combat PTSD. Dr. Miller is currently in private practice in Del Mar, CA. and doing research on the application of ImTT for the treatment of OCD, trauma, anxiety, co-dependence, and many other disorders.
- Identify the steps in the Pain/Terror Release Protocol.
- Describe the Survival Model of Psychological Dynamics and its use in ImTT
- Identify the four different protocols of ImTT
- Describe how to use the protocols to treat different mental issues including PTSD, GAD, phobias, boundary issues, and OCD.
- Recognize the essential elements of the morphing technique and how to apply it in a therapeutic session.
- Identify the components of the Image De-Construction Protocol.
- Describe the relationship between emotional pain and guilt and how ImTT addresses guilt.
- Recognize the components of the Changing Patterns Protocol.
- Distinguish between feeling-embedded feelings and action-embedded feelings
- Describe the stages of change and why it important for the client to know the stages of change.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2206
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .