Gray Matters Therapy Workshops: EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children (IATP-C)
March 27, 28, 2020
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP has specialized in treating trauma and attachment problems in adults and children in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska for 28 years. She is an EMDRIA-approved consultant and is a member of the faculty of the EMDR Institute and serves on the editorial board for The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. Wesselmann has co-authored articles, chapters, and books related to attachment and trauma, including two chapters that were co-authored with Francine Shapiro and the recent treatment manual for the EMDR and family therapy integrative model. She has been invited to give workshops and keynotes at numerous conferences nationally and internationally.
Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma and attachment problems in children and adolescents in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska. She is co-author of books, articles and chapters related to an EMDR integrative model for the treatment of traumatized children. Schweitzer has extensive experience working in the private and public school systems. She is co-investigator on research related to attachment trauma in children. She has presented nationally and internationally at numerous parent and professional conferences. She is an EMDRIA-approved consultant and certified EMDR practitioner.
Day One – Friday, March 27. 2020
8:15 AM to 5:00 PM
Day Two – Saturday, March 28, 2020
8:15 AM to 5:00 PM
Participants will be able to:
- Describe an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Identify a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Identify a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Identify a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
To register for this live workshop please visit: https://www.graymatterstherapyworkshops.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 14 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2200
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.