ATCI: Live Webinar – Practical Strategies for Healing Dissociation in Children and Adolescents
November 1-2, 2019
The presentation provides in-depth treatment methods for more severe dissociative symptoms observed in children and adolescents. Scripts provide appropriate language for creating an environment that supports neurological integration. Participants will be able to create internal safety, time orientation, and healthy internal boundaries to replace dissociative barriers. Participants will be able to implement strategies to eliminate regression and trouble-shoot parent behaviors that inadvertently reinforce regression and habitual dissociation. Participants will be able to help children and teens reduce fear of feelings and body sensations and implement strategies for safe EMDR reprocessing with dissociative children/teens.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP is a co-founder of The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska and has specialized in treating attachment trauma for 27 years. Ms. Wesselmann is a member of the faculty of the EMDR Institute as an EMDR facilitator, and she is an EMDRIA-approved consultant. She is on the editorial board for The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. She conducts research and is part of the team that developed the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for treating attachment trauma in children. She has authored, and co-authored articles, chapters, and books related to attachment and trauma. As a recognized expert in attachment issues, Ms. Wesselmann presents nationally and internationally. Past conferences and workshops include presentations for the Association for the Treatment and Training of Attachment in Children and EMDRIA as well as invited presentations at the Menninger Clinic, EMDRIA, The European EMDR Conferences in Rome, Amsterdam, Hamburg, the Netherlands National EMDR Conference, Hong Kong, and a specialty EMDR training conference in Costa Rica.
Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma resolution and attachment problems in Children and adolescents. Ms. Schweitzer is a co-founder of the Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska in Omaha Nebraska. She is part of the treatment team that created the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She has co-authored books, chapters, and articles related to the treatment of attachment trauma. Ms. Schweitzer is also the co-founder of the Attachment and Trauma Training Center Institute., an organization dedicated to training clinicians in the EMDR and Family Therapy Integrative Team Treatment as well as training parents in the Integrative Parenting Approach. Ms. Schweitzer is a certified EMDR therapist and consultant and provides consultation to professionals across the country. Ms. Schweitzer has also been invited to present at numerous professional conferences and workshop around the country and has also participated in training public school personnel in the area of trauma and attachment. Ms. Schweitzer spent 15 years in both the private and public-school setting as a school counselor.
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma resolution and attachment problems in children and adolescents. Before she co-founded The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska, she spent 10 years working in the public-school system as a school counselor. She is EMDR certified and is an EMDR consultant providing training and consultation as part of The Attachment and Trauma Center Institute consultation team. Ms. Armstrong is part of the team that created the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She is a co-author of books, articles, and chapter on the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She has presented her expertise nationally to numerous parent and professional groups. Ms. Armstrong is a trainer for the Attachment and Trauma Center Institute, training clinicians in the Family Therapy and EMDR Integrative Team Treatment and training parents in the Integrative Parenting Approach. Ms. Armstrong has been invited to present at numerous professional conferences and workshops around the country and has also trained public school personnel is the area of trauma and attachment.
November 1-2, 2019 10:00 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. CDT
Participants will be able to:
- Identify symptoms of more severe dissociation.
- Explain how internal boundaries between front self and younger (and other) parts leads to brain integration.
- Identify beliefs that may be increasing dissociation and reinforce beliefs that decrease dissociation.
- Apply dialogue and time orientation for younger parts of self, enhanced with BLS.
- Apply scripts for helping children/teens and their parents with problems related to regression.
- Apply scripts for assisting children/teens with dialoguing within a conference room.
- Apply safe strategies for moving into EMDR trauma work with dissociative children.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2187
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.