See Me, Feel Me, Heal Me… EMDR Therapy, Mirror Neurons, and Neural Synchrony by Uri Bergmann
What exactly happens on a neurobiological level in acute, chronic and complex PTSD? Is there a relationship between this unusual neuroendocrine profile and a number of medical illnesses which manifest as hyperimmune inflammatory disorders?
This presentation will review and examine the results of extensive neuroendocrine research relative to these trauma-induced disorders. A major focus will be on those symptomatic disorders of Type I Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex PTSD. The data from these research bases will be integrated with neuroendocrine research findings regarding autoimmune compromises associated with chronic trauma. Conditions, such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), Systemic Lupus Erythematosis, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and others will be examined.
This presentation will also clearly illustrate the neuroendocrine and causal relationship between the various forms of PTSD and these medical disorders which have mystified and challenged the fields of psychology, psychiatry and internal medicine. Accordingly, the implications for EMDR treatment will be examined, as well as referrals for medical immuno-suppressive treatment.
Clinical case examples will be used throughout the seminar to illustrate anatomical and neurobiological dynamics. Ample time will be allotted for participant interaction in order to address specific clinical questions of those attending.
Uri Bergmann, Ph.D. is an EMDR Institute Senior Facilitator and Presenter as well as an EMDRIA Approved Consultant. He is a past-president of the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Dr. Bergmann has lectured and consulted throughout the United States, Europe and South America on EMDR, the neurobiology of EMDR, and the integration of EMDR with psychodynamic and ego state treatment. He has authored and published journal articles and book chapters on the neurobiology of EMDR and the treatment of dissociation, and is the author of Neurobiological Foundations for EMDR Practice. Dr. Bergmann is currently serving on various journal editorial boards and is in full-time private practice in Commack and Bellmore, New York.
Day 1 and Day 2
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Participants will be able to:
Describe the neural (maturational) and psychological (developmental) stages of human development with respect to human attachment.
Apply neurobiological data regarding the Default Mode Network and the Mirror Neuron System to illustrate the implications of this material with respect the adaptive information processing model (AIP model) and current EMDR treatment, as well as techniques to render it more robust.
Explain the function and mediation of the Default Mode Network (DMN)
Explain the function and mediation of the Mirror Neuron System (MNS)
Describe the processes of cortisol’s mediation of the anti-inflammatory and inflammatory balance of the autoimmune system.
Identify and describe the mechanisms of cytokines and antibodies in autoimmune function.
Describe the connection between the neuroendocrinology of PTSD and these medical disorders.
Recall and explore the implications of these findings on treatment.
Nov. 2 – 3, 2019
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 14 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2186
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .