EMDR Consulting- Using EMDR with Avoidance Issues Presented by Crystal Whitlow
November 2, 2019
In person location: Noblesville, Indiana
Want some help with your toughest cases? Finding yourself stuck, blocked, or looping in EMDR sessions?
This workshop will provide skills using Jim Knipe’s EMDR Toolbox and other techniques to help trained EMDR therapists work with stuck clients. Using lecture, video, case examples, and practice sessions, we will explore client avoidance and defenses as EMDR targets.
Crystal Whitlow, MSW, LCSW is a Certified EMDR Therapist, Approved EMDR Consultant, and EMDR Trainer. She maintains a private practice specializing in Complex PTSD since 2008 in South Bend, IN. In addition, Crystal consults and teaches the EMDR Therapy training and advanced EMDR Workshops throughout the Midwest and beyond.
8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00-10:00 a.m. Introduction to concepts of the workshop, including the Blocking Beliefs Questionnaire (Knipe
included in materials), Assessing attachment concerns, and examples of defense mechanisms from EMDR Toolbox
10:00-10:30 a.m. Preparation: Building a Processing Resource/Extended resourcing (lecture and video)
10:45-11:15 Introduction to signs of dissociation, Back of the Head Scale, and CIPOS
11:15-Noon Level of Urge to Avoid assessment, Targeting LOUA’s (lecture and video)
Noon-1:00 Networking/consultation LUNCH: discussion on cases with today’s concepts
1-2:00 Additional attachment preparation tools and group practice of Attachment Resource skill
2:00-3:00 Practice Session on Level of Urge to Avoid/Targeting avoidance
3:15-5:00 Lecture and video on Idealization defense and targeting positive affect/idealization
Learning Objectives: After attending this workshop the EMDR clinician will be able to:
- Identify attachment deficits, avoidance and blocking issues in clients
- Prepare client for addressing attachment deficits and avoidance using Preparation Skills
- Apply “Levels of Urge to Avoid” using Knipe’s scaling
- Apply “Levels of positive affect” with idealization defenses using scaling
- Recall client avoidance/defenses safely with EMDR therapy techniques
- Demonstrate ability to use BLS modalities through practice session with partner
To register for this one day live workshop please visit: www.emdrconsulting.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- EMDR Consulting NBCC Approval EMDR Consulting, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6853. EMDR Consulting, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of this program for NBCC CEs. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2177
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Interactive .