Partners in EMDR Training, PLLC Present: EMDR Basic Training Part 2
March 27-29, 2020
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
More and more clients are presenting with trauma signs and symptoms, you as a mental health provider want to do everything you can to provide effective trauma treatment. EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is an integrative therapy that helps people heal from traumatic events and distressing life experiences.
Kathleen Fitzgerald holds a Masters of Counselor Education, in Counselor Education from North Carolina STate University, and a Masters of Education in Special Education from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, with Advanced Intensive Training in DBT, and advanced training in EFT.
Elizabeth Weinhold holds a Masters of International Management from the Thunderbird School of International Management, and a Masters in Counseling from Liberty University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Board Certified Christian Counselor.
Kathleen and Elizabeth are both EMDRIA Approved Consultants in EMDR, and Certified Therapists in EMDR, with combined trauma therapy experience of over 16 years. Over the years they have been developing, fine tuning and teaching EMDR to others. Let them help you to develop your skills in EMDR therapy and become more confident with trauma cases. They are excited about having the opportunity to work with you!
Part 2 of EMDR Basic Training:
- March 27, 2020: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- March 28, 2020: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- March 29, 2020: 9:00am – 4:00pm
For the first two days of training, the first 30 minutes of each session will consist of light refreshments and registration.
- Describe the AIP model
- Distinguish the theoretical basis for EMDR as compared to other forms of therapy
- Discuss how EMDR has a three pronged approach
- Identify the 8 phases of EMDR protocol needed for comprehensive treatment
- Explain the importance of an EMDR-focused Informed Consent
- Summarize salient aspects of EMDR client preparation
- Demonstrate the use of EMDR Resourcing: using EMDR container and safe/calm place protocols
- Practice EMDR stabilization techniques and skills
- Explain several techniques for arriving at target memories to process
- Compare several EMDR treatment planning approaches
- Discuss EMDR Assessment Phase and the significance of each aspect
- Identify accurate Negative and Positive Cognitions
- Identify 3 specific strategies to apply during EMDR Desensitization
- Practice EMDR processing
- Explain when and how a Future Templates are incorporated into EMDR treatment
- Demonstrate protocol for ending EMDR sessions when processing has not been completed
- Apply stabilization techniques at the end of EMDR processing sessions
- Explain indicators which demonstrate that EMDR processing on a target memory has been completed
- Demonstrate protocols to address blocked processing.
- Describe the Window of Tolerance and its importance in EMDR processing
- Recognize when to use Cognitive Interweaves and other strategies when processing is blocked
- Discuss various Disorders to which EMDR can be applied
- List various populations who would benefit from EMDR
- Apply treatment planning strategies to specific client populations
- Demonstrate protocols used in EMDR re-evaluation sessions.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 20 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2176
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .