ATCI: Strengthening the Authentic Adult Self: Day 3-EMDR Therapy for Healing Adult Attachment/Developmental Trauma
May 2, 2020
This optional practicum day for participants in the Strengthening Authentic Self Workshop provides participants opportunity to practice the strategies for effective creation of safe place and Higher Power, resource team work and time orientation, negotiation with internalized parent and protector/controller, creation of new inner attachment experiences, resourcing adult state, and creation of a new bonding contract. Participants will target countertransference issues to improve capacity for providing an emotionally corrective relationship.
Participants will be able to implement Standard Protocol more safely with complex clients through “contained reprocessing” and will be able to utilize cognitive interweaves to access internal support of the restructured system. Participants will have opportunity to practice the standard protocol while incorporating effective interweaves.
Ann E. Potter, Ph.D has worked over 40 years in the mental health field as a psychiatric nurse, educator, therapist, psychologist, evaluator, researcher, writer, presenter, and consultant. She is a certified therapist and approved consultant in EMDR. She has piloted outcome research related to phase-based trauma treatment (DBT/EMDR) for adults and published articles on the roles adults played as children in alcoholic families, books on trauma treatment, and articles on EMDR therapy.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP is a member of the faculty of the EMDR Institute and is on the editorial board for The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. She conducts research and has authored and co-authored articles and chapters, including two chapters co- authored with EMDR founder Francine Shapiro, Ph.D., and books related to attachment and trauma. Her latest books include a treatment manual for treating attachment trauma in children and accompanying parent guide.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 12th Optional Practicum Day
8:00-8:30 am – Check-in, coffee and
8:30-9:45 am – P-A-C Model, Adult and Child Safe Places (SP) & Higher Powers (HP) Demos & Practice. New Attachment Experiences for Child part, Strengthening the Competent/Authentic Adult Self, Demos & Practice.
9:45-10:00 am – Break
10:00-11:30 am – Resource Team (RT)-Brainstorming goals, characteristics & members; Transitioning from Adult Safe Place (SP) to RT Meeting Place; Installation of RT, Demos & Practice. Time Orientation, Getting Permission to do Emotional Work, Demo & Practice.
11:30-12:30 pm – Lunch
12:30-1:30 pm – Parts’ Work-Negotiating with Critical Parent & Emotion Regulator-Controller, Demo/Video, Tucking in Child parts, Demo/Video, Practice. Changing Early Bonding Contract, Therapeutic Story, Demos & Practice.
1:30-1:45 pm – Break
1:45-3:00 pm – Setting Goals for Transition to Phases 3-8, Desensitization of Present-Day Triggers, Future Rehearsal/Template, Reprocessing Traumatic Events, Demos & Practice.
1. Practice floatback technique and identify touchstone events related to therapy countertransference events.
2. Practice strategies taught in Part One of the training during practicum work.
3. Identify “contained reprocessing” and how the strategy prevents clients with developmental trauma from accessing too much material at the same time during standard protocol.
4. Identify at least 2 cognitive interweaves that integrate elements from the preparation phase into the desensitization and reprocessing phases of EMDR for safer or more efficient reprocessing.
To register for this live wirkshop please visit: REGISTRATION
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 5 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2168
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .