Cirque Lodge Presents: A New Twist On Motivational Interviewing
July 25, 2019
Motivational Interviewing (MI) has gained popularity in both mental health clinics and in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. This workshop will discuss the focus of MI and how the activation of a client’s healthy self can expand the role that MI plays in treatment. Dr. Berger will present a summary of the current conclusions from research studying the curative forces in psychotherapy and how these results support an experiential process focused approach to recovery counseling. He will also discuss the concept of recovery capital and how we, clinicians, can help increase the Internal recovery capital when working with clients including helping them develop a healthier relationship with their addict self, helping them become aware of their emotional dependence and how to hold on to themselves, and helping them put the best of themselves in charge of the rest of themselves.
Allen Berger, PhD, is a well-known psychotherapist, author and frequent speaker and trainer for both the recovery community and other healthcare professionals. He speaks from personal experience as both a professional and recovering addict, lecturing on topics ranging from emotional sobriety to how psychotherapy can be integrated into the Twelve Steps, and wrote 12 Stupid Things That Mess Up Recovery, 12 Hidden Rewards of Making Amends, 12 Smart Things to Do When the Booze and Drugs Are Gone and 12 More Stupid Things That Mess Up Recovery, focusing on emotional sobriety. In 2019, he launched The Institute for Optimal Recovery and Emotional Sobriety, offering certification in recovery counseling.
8:30am Registration / Continental Breakfast
9:00am Workshop Begins
12:00pm Workshop Concludes
12:30pm Lunch (included with workshop)
Participants will be able to:
List two conclusions that can be drawn from the psychotherapy research.
Define the purpose of Motivational Interviewing
Describe one technique that can activate a patient’s healthy self.
To register for this Live Workshop please visit: http://cirquelodge.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2151
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Interactive .