Herb Cohen Presents: Sexual Abuse/Domestic Violence for EMDR Clinicians
This training will provide EMDR Clinicians and Clinicians working with trauma survivors a sound foundation in understanding how to properly assess and treat trauma which often under or misdiagnosed as other disorders. This training brings viewers back to the causal source of symptoms such as mis-attachment. We will look at trauma and mis-attachment’s relationship to addiction and addiction treatment. Challenges like dissociation and dissociative acting out are explored. Stages of recovery and the neurobiology of trauma will help clinicians understand how to properly process trauma and how to develop rapid grounding coping tools. Phases 1, 2 and 4 in EMDR are strongly enhanced by this training. The Training Level is for Beginner to Advanced.
Herb Cohen, LCAT is certified in both EMDR and Clinical Hypnotherapy. He is and EMDR Consultant and has presented trainings in addiction, assessment trauma, attachment and coping skills over the last 20 of his 30 plus years of practice. Herb has presented live as well as had appearances on both television and radio. Herbs has worked in both inpatient as well as outpatient settings before settling into private practice specializing in trauma, addiction and eating disorders in Huntington, NY. He is regional Co-Ordinator for the EMDR Long Island Region, as well as Co-chair of the Long Island Committee on Sexual Abuse and Family Violence.
Particpants will be able to:
- Discuss the neurobiological implications and the relationship to substance abuse and addiction and to develop coping skills.
- Create tools for rapid grounding from high levels of emotional dysregulation for Phase2 of the EMDR 8 Phase Protocol by knowing the neurological implications of trauma.
- Explain the medical complications that commonly manifest from trauma.
To register for this On Demand Course please visit: https://herbcohen.one/
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2124
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .