ATCI: Live Webinar – Beyond Desensitization: EMDR to Expand the Window of Tolerance with Kids
Friday, August 16, 2019
10AM – 2PM CST
Children and teens with a traumatic past are often reactive to ordinary present-day feelings and events in addition to direct reminders of trauma such as a difficult math assignment or interruption of playtime. Participants will learn to implement EMDR therapy with the goal of expanding children’s feelings tolerance to ordinary daily stressors and eliminating meltdowns, aggression, and other reactive behaviors. Lecture and videos will illustrate creative methods for activating emotions in session, playful methods of engaging children in processing, and interweaves to activate processing, strengthen emotional coping, and deepen the experience of self-regulation.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP is a co-founder of The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska and has specialized in treating attachment trauma for 27 years. Ms. Wesselmann is a member of the faculty of the EMDR Institute as an EMDR facilitator, and she is an EMDRIA-approved consultant. She is on the editorial board for The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. She conducts research and is part of the team that developed the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for treating attachment trauma in children. She has authored, and co-authored articles, chapters, and books related to attachment and trauma. As a recognized expert in attachment issues, Ms. Wesselmann presents nationally and internationally. Past conferences and workshops include presentations for the Association for the Treatment and Training of Attachment in Children and EMDRIA as well as invited presentations at the Menninger Clinic, EMDRIA, The European EMDR Conferences in Rome, Amsterdam, Hamburg, the Netherlands National EMDR Conference, Hong Kong, and a specialty EMDR training conference in Costa Rica.
Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma resolution and attachment problems in Children and adolescents. Ms. Schweitzer is a co-founder of the Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska in Omaha Nebraska. She is part of the treatment team that created the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She has co-authored books, chapters, and articles related to the treatment of attachment trauma. Ms. Schweitzer is also the co-founder of the Attachment and Trauma Training Center Institute., an organization dedicated to training clinicians in the EMDR and Family Therapy Integrative Team Treatment as well as training parents in the Integrative Parenting Approach. Ms. Schweitzer is a certified EMDR therapist and consultant and provides consultation to professionals across the country. Ms. Schweitzer has also been invited to present at numerous professional conferences and workshop around the country and has also participated in training public school personnel in the area of trauma and attachment. Ms. Schweitzer spent 15 years in both the private and public-school setting as a school counselor.
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma resolution and attachment problems in children and adolescents. Before she co-founded The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska, she spent 10 years working in the public-school system as a school counselor. She is EMDR certified and is an EMDR consultant providing training and consultation as part of The Attachment and Trauma Center Institute consultation team. Ms. Armstrong is part of the team that created the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She is a co-author of books, articles, and chapter on the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She has presented her expertise nationally to numerous parent and professional groups. Ms. Armstrong is a trainer for the Attachment and Trauma Center Institute, training clinicians in the Family Therapy and EMDR Integrative Team Treatment and training parents in the Integrative Parenting Approach. Ms. Armstrong has been invited to present at numerous professional conferences and workshops around the country and has also trained public school personnel is the area of trauma and attachment.
10:00 – 11:00 Activating the Thinking Brain and De-escalating Shame
11:00 – 12:00 Expanding the Window through S-RDI
12:00 – 1:00 Dominoes, Future Rehearsals, and Two-Drawings
1:00 – 2:00 Interactive and Ego State Interweaves for Processing Current Triggers
Participants will be able to:
- Apply the feelings brain-thinking brain activity to increase access to adaptive information.
- Initiate Self-Regulation Development and Installation through coaching the child/teen who is dysregulated in session and reinforcing the positive shift with BLS.
- Implement the domino activity followed immediately by EMDR Future Rehearsal with a child/teen who easily dysregulates.
- Apply an ego state interweave during EMDR reprocessing of a current trigger with a child/teen with a history of developmental trauma.
To Register for this LIVE Webinar please visit: atcinstitute.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 4 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2107
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.