Comprehensive Case Management for Substance Abuse Treatment
This course describes case management and substance abuse treatment, particularly for clients with other disorders and conditions who require multiple services over an extended period of time or who face difficulty in gaining access to those services. Factors that programs should consider as they implement case management or modify their current case management activities are covered. Specific topics include interagency case management, case management for clients with special needs, models of case management with substance abuse, case management principles, the substance abuse treatment continuum, and the functions of case management. A helpful appendix lists dimensions of practice associated with case management is included. This course is based upon material published in SAMHSA TIP 27 and is available as an open-access article. The course material has been reviewed by SAMHSA, and they have published a short update which is placed at the beginning of the TIP here.
This course on case management in the treatment of substance abuse is designed for peer support counselors, recovery residence administrators, substance abuse counselors, and paraprofessionals who want to work in substance abuse treatment. This course is appropriate for beginning level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of substance abuse case management. The course material includes a review of case management in the context of substance abuse treatment.
You should not take this course if you have already taken our course Case Management for Substance Abuse Treatment 4 hour, which is an abbreviated version of this longer more detailed course.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding case management with substance abuse clients. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe models of case management useful for clients who abuse substances
- Identify case management considerations for special needs populations
- Recognize the functions of case management vis-à-vis the substance abuse treatment continuum
- Identify the three models of interagency connections
- Describe how to evaluate the effectiveness of case management programs
Citation: SAMHSA Tip 27: Comprehensive Case Management for Substance Abuse Treatment. Retrieved from https://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/TIP%2027.pdf on 5/13/19
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .