EMDR as a Transpersonal Therapy: A Cross-Cultural Perspective Where East Meets West Hawaii Retreat with Irene Siegel
May 19 – May 24, 2019
Ahu Pohaku Ho’omaluhia on the Big Island of Hawaii
This program will be taught within a “retreat” environment. Literature about transpersonal psychology will be presented, along with transpersonal research studies that explored treatment outcomes of EMDR as a transpersonal therapy, as well as the impact of a transpersonal approach to psychotherapy.
An authentic Hawaiian priestess will take us through a meditation and ceremony at powerful sacred sites on the Island. The program includes participation in an evening gathering of drumming, meditation, and ceremony, as in accordance with the policy and permission of the hosting facility.
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW conducts her integrative psychotherapy practice and teaches meditation and healing in Huntington N.Y. She received her doctorate degree from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (now Sofia University) in 2011, her masters in Social Work from Columbia University in 1977, and advanced clinical training through the Long Island Institute for Mental Health in 1983. She studied ancient healing arts throughout North and South America. Dr. Siegel has presented at numerous EMDRIA Conferences from 2000 through the present. She is author of The Sacred Path of the Therapist: Modern Healing, Ancient Wisdom, and Client Transformation and Eyes of the Jaguar and creator of the Labyrinth Series Guided Meditations.
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
9:00 AM – 12:15 PM
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Identify the relationship between science, psychology, and spiritual philosophy as it applies to resonance and mindful awareness, supporting application to EMDR as a transpersonal therapy.
- Develop skills of meditation and mindful awareness that may be applied within the EMDR protocol.
- Identify skills of alternative ways of knowing such as inner vision, hearing, knowing, kinesthetic bodily sensations, which can be integrated into a nonlinear EMDR transpersonal therapy.
- Identify skills of internal intuitive tracking to determine client/therapist resonance as an assessment and healing tool within a transpersonal EMDR protocol.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply the skills of mindful awareness, resonance, and internal feedback mechanisms for purposes of assessment and intervention within a transpersonal therapy model.
- Identify the role of the transpersonal therapist healer in modern day psychotherapy, blending western psychology with knowledge of eastern and ancient wisdom cultural traditions within the EMDR protocol.
- Identify 3 culturally relevant points in the adaptation of a transpersonal EMDR approach creating a universal language within the standard protocol.
- Identify aspects of Hawaiian cultural healing practice that can be integrated with EMDR.
- Develop the intuitive skill of tracking energy and information flow within the client/therapist interaction
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 30 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2098
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .