Turning Point of Tampa Presents with Dr. Singh MD: Eating Disorder: A clinical perspective
June 7, 2019
In person location: Turning Point of Tampa
12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
This comprehensive review will educate mental health providers regarding the different types of Eating Disorders; enable recognition of early clinical signs in patients and thus educate the providers to intervene early and hopefully prevent the progression of the disorders.
Dr. Singh has been a Psychiatrist and Psychopharmacologist in private practice in Tampa, Florida since 1990 He is the Medical Director at Turning Point of Tampa and is Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine and Certified in Psychopharmacology
Participants will be able to:
• Outline the diagnostic criteria for Eating Disorders and also highlight the differences that distinguish each disorder;
• Differentiate between normal eating patterns and an Eating Disorder
• Discuss potentially comorbid psychiatric and physical conditions
• Evaluate the latest clinical data surrounding available and emerging ED pharmacotherapies, including their mechanisms of action, available efficacy and safety data, and potential impact on long-term outcomes
• Integrate the latest clinical data and patient-specific considerations, including potential comorbidities and misperceptions, into individualized ED management strategies that incorporate both psychosocial and pharmacologic therapy as appropriate.
For further information please contact Ashley Neal firstname.lastname@example.org or 863.660.7236
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2094
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .