Northwest Wellness Center Presents: EMDR with Addictions-The DeTUR Protocol with AJ Popky
Desensitizing Triggers and Urge Reprocessing (DeTUR) is an accelerated approach based on the adaptive information processing model of EMDR and is used with EMDR as an integral part of a comprehensive plan for the treatment of addictions and dysfunctional behaviors. By targeting the triggers that bring out the urge to use and then desensitizing these urges, the individual gains ego strength and learns to replace the dysfunctional behavior with a more positive and functional lifestyle.
Arnold (AJ) Popky was instrumental in the founding of the EMDR Institute, is certified in Ericksonian Hypnosis and is a Master Practitioner of NLP. Dr. Popky specializes in PTSD and addiction. He developed the DeTUR Protocol, which he has presented in workshops internationally. His work can be found in “EMDR Solutions” by Robin Shapiro, PhD and in “Scripted Protocols” by Marilyn Luber, PhD. He also works at camps with our wounded warriors. He presently has a private practice in Sherman Oaks, CA and trains and consults to DOD therapists at Military Bases around the globe along with several drug rehabilitation centers. Dr. Popky is a charter member of DIV. 1277 of the Marine Corps League. Previously, he spent 30 years in High Technology Silicon Valley electronics, and computer companies.
Stephen Ammann is a Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) and a graduate of Northwest Nazarene University. He is the founder and clinical director at Northwest Wellness Center where they take an integrated holistic approach to emotional, physical and spiritual health. Stephen provides individual, couple, and group counseling using a unique approach. First and foremost, he is a trauma therapist that specializes in pornography and sexual addiction. He has also completed his training to become a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT). He has been co-presenting the DeTUR trainings with AJ Popky throughout the United States and Canada. He works extensively with USA ReBoot Resort, an organization that provides inpatient treatment to veterans and first responders across the United States.
8:30-9:00 Registration, sign in & refreshments
9:00-10:30 Addiction & Trauma
10:45-12:00 DeTUR Protocol: video & live demonstration, medications, & other addiction protocols
12:00-1:15 Lunch on your own
2:15-4:30 Practicum 1
4:30-5:00 Q & A
8:30-9:00 Sign in & refreshments
10:45-12:00 Live demonstration
12:00-1:15 Lunch on your own
2:15-4:30 Practicum 2
4:30-5:00 Q & A
- Describe and demonstrate each step of the DeTUR protocol.
- Define where to begin treatment with either DeTUR or EMDR.
- Demonstrate how the DeTUR protocol interfaces with EMDR AIP model.
- Describe how “Resource Accessing” empowers clients.
- Identify how the DeTUR protocol interfaces with EMDR AIP model.
- Demonstrate the use of Interweaves to speed the healing process.
- Use “Resource Accessing” during practicum.
- Discuss how to help client identify triggers and urges.
- Describe how to develop cognitive interweaves from information in the preparation phase.
To register for this live workshop please visit www.idahonwc.com
Upcoming Workshop dates for 2019
October 21st and 22nd in Austin, TX
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 13 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2090
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .