Florida Marchman Act – Substance Abuse Impairment Act
This course is a review of the Florida Marchman Act. This legislation is designed to address the entire range of substance abuse impairment issues. It provides for assessment and treatment in a wide range of settings. It includes special provisions for voluntary as well as court ordered assessment and treatment. The Act also has provisions for minors. In this course, the Act is spelled out in simplified terms with many direct quotes from the law itself. It is an important course for clinicians in the state of Florida to take because it provides the practitioner with the details and requirements of this important piece of legislation.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists in the state of Florida can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such school psychologists and certified addictions professionals. This course is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level practitioners who wish to advance their skills in the area of legal issues and substance abuse.
Note: The information in this course is based upon Florida Law, as such it is not applicable in other states. Clinicians who live and work in other states but who are planning to move to Florida may find this course particularly helpful.
Author: Florida Legislature (Hal S Marchman)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an overview of the Florida Marchman Act. Specifically, a professional will
- Identify the procedures for the Marchman Act.
- Identify the unique admission procedures for minors under the Marchman Act.
- Identify the rights of clients under the Marchman Act.
Citation: Abridged from FS Ch 397 Marchman Act
Ohio Professionals – This course is NOT accepted for license renewal by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapy board.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
This course is Non Interactive .