Addressing Human Trafficking of Children and Youth in the United States
This course provides guidance to states and service programs to build greater awareness and better response to the problem of child trafficking. It is intended to elevate this issue and offer guidance to child welfare systems and runaway and homeless youth service providers, based on current research and practice, to improve the collective response to this issue. This guidance focuses on emerging knowledge and practices that systems and services can consider integrating into existing activities in the context of limited resources.
This course is based upon material published by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children, Youth, and Families, and is available as an open access article.
This course on human trafficking of children and youth in the United States is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding child trafficking. The course material includes a review of emerging knowledge. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children, Youth, and Families
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding child trafficking. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the scope and nature of child trafficking
- Identify the needs of victims of child trafficking
- Recognize indicators which could be used to screen for victimization
Citation: Guidance to States and Services on Addressing Human Trafficking of Children and Youth in the United States. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children, Youth, and Families.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2073
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .