EMDR HAP – ON DEMAND – EMDR Adjunctive Therapy in a Community Mental Health Agency
Lack of resources and intense symptomatology were barriers limiting the availability of EMDR Therapy to individuals served at community health agencies. No longer. In this presentation, you will learn how EMDR implemented as adjunctive therapy, takes advantage of agency strengths and minimize weaknesses so that the clients who need it most have access to this evidence based treatment. An outline of how to work effectively and purposefully to heal trauma, ensuring the best treatment for clients, and less burnout for clinicians gives a roadmap for implementation at your workplace. Finally the tasks that research and experience identify as “must do’s” in order for healing to occur, will be examined, including how integrating EMDR Therapy into this “Active Ingredients” approach creates an effective and comprehensive trauma treatment program. This workshop is appropriate for licensed mental health professional who have completed the basic EMDR training.
Cyndi Muhlbauer earned her Master of Arts Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling at the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 2002. She is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner with therapeutic specializations in treating complex trauma, trauma related issues and work/school performance enhancement. She is a Certified Trauma Professional (CTP) and a Diplomate Level Member of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. Cyndi is a trained EMDR therapist and along with her colleague Ben Czyz, co-coordinates Lutheran Family Services statewide EMDR Therapy program.
Ben Czyz earned his Master of Science in Community Counseling at the University of Nebraska at Omaha 2004. He is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner with therapeutic knowledge specialization in treating a range of mental health issues, including complex trauma. Ben has worked at Lutheran Family Services since 2004. He is a trained EMDR Therapist. Ben and his colleague Cyndi Muhlbauer coordinate the Lutheran Family Services statewide EMDR Therapy Program. Ben and his colleague Cyndi have published their work on providing EMDR as an adjunctive therapy at a community agency in the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research, along with presenting their work at the National EMDRIA Conference.
- Identify the benefits of, and the barriers to, individuals with PTSD living in poverty having access to EMDR Therapy.
- Access and use an evidence based intervention for building a therapeutic alliance that can double positive outcomes and reduce client no call no shows by half.
- Describe the Active Ingredient approach to effective trauma treatment.
- Describe the congruence between the eight phases of the EMDR Therapy model and the “Active Ingredient” therapy approach.
- Demonstrate how to implement a model for EMDR Therapy as an adjunctive therapy, which reduces or eliminates the barriers to treatment experienced by indigent individuals.
To register for the pre recorded webinar, please follow the link below:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2070
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .