February 25, 2019 through March 1, 2019
In the 8 hour online training and the intensive week-long retreat clinicians will learn advanced skills and practice under the direction of Ana Gomez, the HOW TOs of EMDR therapy with children. This training will teach in depth case conceptualization using the AIP (Adaptive Information processing) model, attachment theory, affective neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology and the polyvagal theory. In addition, preparation strategies and EMDR games that will provide children with a solid foundation to face traumatic material will be thoroughly presented. This level is recommended for clinicians starting to use EMDR with children or clinicians that need the foundational skills. A thorough hand on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will walk participants through the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children with simple and complex clinical presentations. This advanced training workshop will provide step-by-step strategies that will assist clinicians in following EMDR therapy principles and procedures while meeting the developmental needs of children. Clinicians will learn how to make EMDR therapy successful and effective for children. Participants will be able to develop the skills and strategies that are necessary for case conceptualization and the effective implementation of EMDR therapy with children. Theory and supervised practice will be combined to provide a very tangible experience. Program level: Full EMDR training required for the 30 hours intensive training.
Ana M. Gómez, MC, LPC, is a psychotherapist in private practice and a national and international speaker on the use of EMDR therapy and other adjunct approaches with children and adolescents with complex trauma, attachment injuries, and dissociation. Ana was the recipient of the 2011 “Distinguished Service Award” from the Arizona Play Therapy Association and the 2012 Sierra Tucson “Hope Award.” She is a trainer of trainers for the EMDR Institute and EMDR-IBA, and she is the founder and director of the Agate Institute in Phoenix. Ana is the author of Dark, Bad Day Go Away: A Book for Children about Trauma and EMDR Therapy, the Thoughts Kit for Kids, Stories and Storytellers, the Thinking Mind, the Heart, and the Body: A Book for Children about Healing and EMDR Therapy and the co-author of All the Colors of Me: My First Book about Dissociation. She has also authored several chapters in books on the use of EMDR therapy with children. Her latest book is EMDR Therapy and Adjunct Approaches with Children: Complex Trauma, Attachment, and Dissociation. Ana has also developed several programs and protocols, such as the EMDR-Sandtray protocol and an attachment-informed EMDR program for parents and children to heal intergenerational trauma.
8:30 am to 12:00 pm
12 pm to 1 pm- Lunch
1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Module 1: Recordings will be available after registration (3 hours)
Module 2: Recordings will be available after registration (3 hours)
Module 3: Recordings will be available after registration (3 hours)
Participants will be able to :
- Develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans based on the Adaptive Information Processing model (AIP), attachment theory, affective neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology and the polyvagal theory.
- Develop advanced skills in treatment plan development and will have advanced supervised practice in global and phase specific case conceptualization.
- Develop strategies to helping children develop cognitive, emotional and somatic literacy so they can access the cognitive, affective, and somatosensory aspects of the trauma memories will be demonstrated.
- Identify how and when to use interweaves that are more suitable for children.
- Utilize concrete and playful strategies to engage children during the assessment phase.
- Develop advanced strategies to set up processing sessions to optimize the child’s integrative capacities.
August 11 – 15, 2019
To register for this workshop please visit: HERE