Global Bioethics: Myth or Reality?
This course is based on a publication of BioMed Central about the field of bioethics. It provides an overview of this topic by discussing the findings a research article entitled “Global bioethics: Myth or reality?”. This course addresses the issue of uniformity of behavior in bioethics, distinguishes between diverse research areas related to bioethics, and clarifies whether bioethics is in fact a unified discipline throughout the world. Because the focus is global in nature and cross cultural comparisons are made, this course provides insight into the field of ethics from a cross cultural perspective.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives and dieticians and nutritionists who are interested in a global perspective of bioethics. Most states that require continuing education for licensed professionals require ethics courses. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about global bioethics.
This course may meet your license renewal requirements for ethics.
Author: Soren Holm & Bryn Williams-Jones
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an overview of bioethics. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the concept of uniformity of behavior in bioethics.
- Distinguish between diverse research areas related to bioethics.
- Determine whether bioethics is a globally unified discipline.
Citation: Holm, S., & Williams-Jones, B. (2006). Global bioethics: Myth or reality?. BMC Biomedical Ethics 7:10.
Course description and exam by Bianca Perez, M.S. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 206
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .