EMDR HAP – ON DEMAND – EMDR Therapy with Complex Trauma and Dissociative Personality Structure with Jim Knipe
On Demand- Pre Recorded- Online Webinar
The term, Complex PTSD (Herman, 1992, van der Kolk, 2005) has been proposed to describe a pattern of negative effects of prolonged and extreme stress, particularly during childhood. The focus of this workshop is to describe a theoretical framework, and specific therapy “tools” which may be useful in providing effective therapy, within the EMDR Adaptive Information Processing Model, to individuals suffering with Complex PTSD. Important concepts and particular interventions will be illustrated through video examples and transcripts from therapy sessions. Dr. Knipe will present methods for identifying and treating specific psychological defenses and dissociative symptoms with accompanying evidence from available research or case studies.
**This workshop is for EMDR trained clinicians who have completed both Part 1 and Part 2.
Jim Knipe, PhD, has been a licensed psychologist in private practice in Colorado since 1976 and has been using EMDR since 1992. He is a Trauma Recovery/HAP Trainer, an EMDRIA Approved Consultant and Instructor, and was designated a “Master Clinician” by EMDRIA in 2007. He was a Keynote speaker at the 2010 EMDRIA conference, 2015 EMDR Canada conference and was an invited guest speaker at the 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2014 EMDRIA Annual Conferences, the 2006, 2008 and 2012 EMDR-Europe Annual Conferences, the 2010 EMDR Asia Conference, and national EMDR conferences in Denmark, Germany, Scotland, Italy, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, The Netherlands, Turkey, Brazil and Japan. He has been involved with Trauma Recovery/EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs, serving as Coordinator for training programs in Turkey and Palestine, and serving on the Board of Directors and as Research and Training Director. He has also been involved in Trauma Recovery/HAP programs in Oklahoma City, New York (following 9/11), Sri Lanka and Indonesia. In addition, he is a co-author of published outcome research documenting the effects of EMDR with survivors of 9/11 and with those traumatized by the 1999 Marmara earthquake in Turkey. Dr. Knipe has contributed chapters to EMDR Casebook (Manfield, 2002), EMDR Solutions, Volumes I and II (R. Shapiro, 2005, 2009), Healing the Heart of Trauma and Dissociation (2007), EMDR Scripted Protocols: Special Populations (Luber, 2009), and EMDR and Dissociation: the progressive approach (Gonzalez and Mosquera, 2012). His book, EMDR toolbox: Theory and treatment for complex PTSD and dissociation, was published in August, 2014, and he is a co-author (with Dolores Mosquera) of an article in the Winter, 2015 issue of the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research, entitled Understanding and Treating Narcissism With EMDR Therapy
Learning Objectives: After completing this course EMDR trained clinicians will be able to:
- Identify three conceptually different types of damage to personality development that can occur as a result of difficult childhood experiences.
- Describe the adaptive information processing model
- Describe the “Loving Eyes” method, an alternative to the EMDR Assessment Phase (EMDR Phase 3).
- Identify interventions for targeting and resolving avoidance defenses
- Describe interventions for idealization defenses
- Identify strategies for reducing shame defenses
- Describe method modifications that are needed for clients with dissociative personality structure.
To register for the pre recorded webinar, please follow the link below:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2046
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .