EMDR HAP – ON DEMAND – Utilization of EMDR with Traumatic Bereavement with Roger Solomon
On Demand- Pre Recorded- Online Webinar
Grief is a person’s reaction to loss and mourning and is the assimilation and accommodation to the loss. Traumatic bereavement is when grief and mourning is overpowered by the traumatic stress brought about by a loss. This clinically-oriented workshop focuses on integrating EMDR into the treatment of grief and mourning in traumatic bereavement. The workshop utilizes Therese Rando’s six “R” processes of mourning as the framework for operationalizing what is necessary for healthy assimilation and accommodation of loss. A loss can be so distressing that access to emotions requiring attention is prevented and/or memory networks containing positive memories of the loved one are blocked. With EMDR processing, not only can emotions be worked through, but memory networks can become accessible and capable of playing a vital role in accommodation of loss. Heavy emphasis is placed throughout the workshop on analysis of clinical material. Videotapes of EMDR sessions will be used to illustrate the application of EMDR to the grief and mourning of traumatic bereavement as well as to demonstrate the “art” of EMDR. Case presentations and live demonstrations are utilized.
Participant Eligibility Criteria: This workshop is for Part 1 EMDR trained clinicians.
Dr. Roger Solomon is a psychologist and psychotherapist specializing in the areas of trauma and grief. He is on the Senior Faculty of the EMDR Institute and provides basic and advanced EMDR training internationally. He currently consults with the US Senate, NASA, and several law enforcement agencies. As a police psychologist with the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, he is Clinical Director of the Post Critical Incident Seminar (PCIS), a three day post trauma rehabilitation program that draws on both psychological first aid and EMDR therapy. Working with the South Carolina Army National Guard, he is Clinical Director of the Post Deployment Seminar, a three day program for war veterans. Dr. Solomon has provided clinical services and training to the FBI, Secret Service, U.S. State Department, Diplomatic Security, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, U.S. Department of Justice (U.S. Attorneys), and numerous state and local law enforcement organizations. Internationally, he consults with the Polizia di Stato in Italy. Moreover, Dr Solomon has planned critical incident programs, provided training for peer support teams and has provided direct services following such tragedies as Hurricane Katrina, September 11 terrorist attacks, the loss of the Shuttle Columbia, and the Oklahoma City Bombing. Dr. Solomon has expertise in complex trauma, and collaborates with Onno van der Hart, Ph.D., and others on utilization of EMDR as informed by The Structural Dissociation of the Personality (TDSP). Together with Terese Rando, Ph.D., he has written two articles on EMDR and grief and is writing a book on EMDR and traumatic grief.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define grief, mourning, and traumatic bereavement
- Describe the six R processes necessary for the assimilation and accommodation of loss
- Identify interventions that facilitate the six R processes for the assimilation and accommodation of loss
- Describe how trauma complicates the mourning processes
To register for the pre recorded webinar, please follow the link below:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2045
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .