EMDR HAP – ON DEMAND – EMDR Treatment of Health Related Problems with Carol Forgash
On Demand- Pre Recorded- Online Webinar
EMDR can be integrated into the comprehensive treatment of health related problems by processing obstacles that may be complicating healing, such as traumas related to early abuse, past and current difficult medical treatment, chronic illness, pain, the traumas that patients experience when they become ill, and other somatic issues. The intertwined effects of these problems on mental health will be explored. Research indicates that many who have PTSD and adverse childhood experiences will have even more severe health problems than the general population. Data from the ACE study (www.cdc.gov/ace/index.htm) supports the critical relationship between trauma and health issues.
Participant Eligibility Criteria: This workshop is for Part 1 and Part 2 EMDR trained clinicians.
Carol Forgash, LCSW, BCD, is the director of Advanced Educational Productions. She is a Facilitator for EMDR Institute Trainings. She specializes in treating dissociation, trauma, performance enhancement and health issues. Carol is a well-known speaker and has presented at EMDRIA and ISSD international conferences. Carol also co-authored “Healing the Heart of Trauma and dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy” and numerous clinical articles.
- Describe the rationale for using EMDR with health related problems
- List 3 client populations and 3 health problems for which EMDR can be utilized
- Identify the cycles of trauma/negative emotions/stress/pain as self-defeating/perpetuating often ongoing set of physical and mental health problems
- List the potential client populations and their unique problems
- Identify 5 sequelae of childhood abuse which affect the physical and mental health of the complex trauma client
- Summarize treatment planning phases, depending on client population and problems
- Describe 3 stabilizing interventions necessary for dissociative and complex trauma clients prior to the processing phase work
- Explain the purpose of psychoeducation regarding health issues, health consumerism
- Explain the rationale for specific health history taking
- Describe 3 types of healing imagery
To register for this pre recorded webinar please visit the link below:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 11 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2040
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .