Child and Adolescent Violence Research by the NIMH
This course is based on a publication of the National Institute of Mental Health about violence in children and adolescents. It is written in simple terms and reviews risk factors, experiences and processes that are related to the development of aggressive, antisocial and violence behavior including mental health problems, associated with childhood and adolescence.
Specifically, this publication discusses risk factors, types and severity of antisocial behaviors, gender differences, genetic and socioeconomic factors. This publication also reviews prevention and intervention programs that have been developed and tested as well as interventions that are effective with delinquent youth.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such school psychologists and certified addictions professionals. This course is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level practitioners who wish to advance their skills in the area of child and adolescent violence prevention and intervention.
Author: National Institute of Mental Health
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an overview of violence in children and adolescents. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify risk factors and types of antisocial behavior that occur in children and adolescents.
- Describe prevention and intervention programs.
- Identify effective interventions for delinquent youth.
Citation: National Institute of Mental Health (2000). Child and Adolescent Violence Research. NIH Publication Number 00-4706. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 204
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .