Carolyn Settle Presents: Uh-Oh I am Stuck…Tools for Blocked Processing Using EMDR with Children and Adolescents Webinar
This two-hour DL webinar focuses on the challenges therapists experience with children and teenagers when they get stuck during reprocessing. Blocked processing such as; Under Accessing, Over Accessing and Feeder Memories, will be discussed from a developmental perspective with examples of how children/teens present with these issues. Participants will learn how to identify and use child/teen centered Cognitive Interweaves, The Blocking Belief Questionnaire for Children and Adolescents and Container exercises. Participants will also learn how to pendulate between Cognitive Interweaves and Blocking Beliefs during reprocessing when the processing is particularly slow.
Carolyn Settle, MSW, LCSW, is in private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. She has over 40 years of experience working with children, adolescents and adults who have experienced abuse, trauma, and/or loss. She has presented and written about children and adolescents, in her co-authored, recently released second edition book EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy withChildren: Infants to Adolescents (2017). She has presented at numerous conferences nationally and internationally, and most recently presented at the EMDRIA Preconference in Seattle, Washington. She is also the co-investigator of a fidelity study concerning EMDR with children, and co-authored two chapters and two journal articles on EMDR with children. She is an EMDRIA-Approved Consultant, an EMDR Institute facilitator, and a trainer for the Trauma Recovery-HAP Program.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify three types of blocked processing and how children/teens present with these issues.
- List three different child/teen centered Cognitive Interweaves.
- Utilize The Blocking Belief Questionnaire for Children and Adolescents.
- Explain how to pendulate from Blocking Beliefs to Cognitive Interweaves.
To register for this Webinar please click here: REGISTER
Test Takers: It is always suggested to print out your exam and record your answers on paper prior to entering the answers in on the website. This can save a lot of time if an error occurs or if you need to retake the exam.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2039
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .