EMDR Center of the Rockies Presents: EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
Friday, January 25-26, 2019
In person location: Denver, CO
In this workshop attendees will learn to heal the attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, foster, or orphanage care through the EMDR Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP). Work effectively with severe behaviors including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and defiance. This is a practical workshop that gives step-by-step instructions for successfully intervening with parents, strengthening attachment, and resolving trauma and behaviors. This workshop will give you the tools you need to take your practice with children with a history of attachment trauma to a new level of effectiveness.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP has specialized in treating trauma and attachment problems in adults and children in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska for 28 years. She is an EMDRIA-approved consultant and is a member of the faculty of the EMDR Institute and serves on the editorial board for The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. Wesselmann has co-authored articles, chapters, and books related to attachment and trauma, including two chapters she co-authorized with Francine Shapiro and the recent treatment manual for the EMDR and family therapy integrative model. She has been invited to give workshops and keynotes at numerous conferences nationally and internationally.
Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP specializes in treating trauma and attachment problems in children and adolescents in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska. She is co-author of books, articles and chapters related to an EMDR integrative model for the treatment of traumatized children. Schweitzer has extensive experience working in the private and public school systems. She is co-investigator on research related to attachment trauma in children. She has presented nationally and internationally at numerous parent and professional conferences. She is an EMDRIA-approved consultant and certified EMDR practitioner.
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP is an EMDRIA-approved, certified EMDR practitioner and consultant. She is in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska and specializes in the treatment of problems related to trauma and attachment in children and adolescents. Armstrong has a background in public school education. She has presented nationally to parent and professional groups. She is co-investigator on research related to the treatment of attachment trauma in children. She has co-authored books, chapters, and articles related to an integrative EMDR and family therapy model for the treatment of attachment trauma in children.
8:00-8:30 Check In
8:30-9:00 Case conceptualization through the AIP lens
9:00-9:15 The concept of the smaller child within the child
9:15-10:15 Attachment Resource Development (ARD) )—Messages of Love
Exercise, the Magical Cord of Love, Safe Place for the Child Within the Child
10:30-12:00 ARD continued—Affirmations through songs, games
12:00-12:30 Self-Regulation Development and Installation (S-RDI)
12:30-1:30 Lunch on Your Own
1:30-2:45 S-RDI continued/Adapting the assessment phase
2:45-3:00 Break with snacks
3:00-3:30 Providing safety for trauma work
3:30-4:00 Interactive and empowering interweaves/Addressing hidden grief
8:00-8:30 Check In
8:30-9:45 Interactive and empowering interweaves/Addressing hidden grief (cont’d.)
9:45-10:45 Safely addressing serious trauma in dysregulated children, piece by piece
11:00-12:00 Therapeutic story as a roadmap to EMDR therapy and preverbal work
12:00-12:30 Use of puppets, plays, and stories
12:30-1:30 Lunch on Your Own
1:30-2:00 Use of puppets, plays, and stories
2:00-2:30 Expanding the window of tolerance through triggers and templates
2:45-3:30 Expanding the window of tolerance through triggers and templates
3:30-4:00 WRAP UP AND ADJOURN
1. Develop an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
2. Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security
between parent and child.
3. Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
4. Identify a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
5. Identify 2 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization phase of EMDR for children
suffering from attachment trauma.
6. Describe 2 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
7. Identify a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of
the child’s traumatic past.
8. Identify a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on
To register for this live workshop please visit: REGISTER
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2008
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Interactive .